Starting over

Options
I really need some motivated friends. Im like 800 miles away from home and in a motel room while my husband is working. I wont be herr FOREVER but I feel like Ive gained 10 lbs in a week. Im really too nervous to go out walking by myself here and Ive never signed up to a gym. I would really like to know some things I could do inside this motel room for exercise!

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    Get yourself on youtube and check out some bodyweight exercises. HASFIT have some great ones but there are literally thousands of channels to choose from.

The majority of weight gained when away from home is water weight because we tend to eat out more often, rather than eating home prepared foods, and that more often than not means more carbs and sodium than we are used to.

To gain a pound of fat you would need to eat 3500 calories above your maintaining calorie intake. So to gain 10lbs of fat you would have to eat 35000 extra calories, which I doubt you have.

• ashhamp93
    ashhamp93 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Well thats good news that I haven't ate that many calories! I really haven't been doing anything but eat and stay in this room so Im worried Im going to gain a lot while we are here. Supposed to be here till December.
  • tinkerbellang83
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Is there anywhere you can walk around (safely obviously), that alone can be good for you especially if you're stuck looking at the same 4 walls constantly.Check out Meetup.com as well, there may be some local groups that organise activities in the area.
  • Brabo_Grip
    Brabo_Grip Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    12 minute athlete on the App Store. It's under $5. My go to when traveling or if I have only a few minutes to fit something in during the day. Has minimal to no equipment workouts with video examples how to do the excercises.
  • ashhamp93
    ashhamp93 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm terrified to meet up with strangers or I would! I walked to a park today thats close by and it seemed pretty safe. Its just so awkward to pass people. I have anxiety issues as it is so it's tough. Especially when I dont have a friend to go with me. My husband probably would if he wasn't at work. But he cant.
  • tinkerbellang83
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Pop some headphones in :smile: and remember every friend was once a stranger