Looking for Weight Loss Buddy

Options
Hi everyone,

So this is my third attempt to loose a few kilos in the past few years.
I always initially do very well for a month or two, and then something like a holiday comes along where all my plans get overthrown, I get out of my routine and put everything back on that I have lost, and more.

This time I am looking for a weight loss buddy so we can support and motivate each other :)
It would be amazing if you're based in the UK (I myself am London based) but doesn't have to be. It would just be great to have someone to chat to on here or Facebook who is doing the same thing, exchange tricks and advice etc.

A little bit about myself:
I am 31 years old and only recently (in the last 3 years or so) encountered some weight "Problems". I am 5'4 tall and weigh 61 kilos at the moment. It's not an unhealthy weight, but I can see and feel that everything has just gone out of shape recently, my thighs and belly and growing a lot and that I have to buy clothes 1-2 sizes up now. I always used to be an effortless size 6-8, being able to eat everything I wanted, but at a certain age (and with a very serendetary job) this just doesn't work anymore. I am just starting to feel more and more unhappy with myself, hating to look in the mirror and am constantly comparing myself to others. I used to feel fairly confident about my body and felt quite sexy, which now I really don't at all.
My biggest issue is that I am hungry a lot, and cutting down food doesn't work for me over long periods of time, so I have to do more exercise. I have a fairly normal diet I think, no crazy overeating and I have fairly small portions as well, but in combination with not moving a lot it's still too much. I think my general calorie intake (when eating normally) would be around 1900 - 2000. Also, I am veggie which I think has actually contributed to my recent weight gain. Ideally I'd like to lose 5-6 kilos and be back at about 55, which was my happy weight :)

If there is anyone out there with similar issues or completely different ones who'd like to buddy up, please send me a message :)

I'm really looking forward to hearing from you :)

Nadine

Replies

• Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Start logging every bite on here. It really works. Get a food scale if you don't have one. You get hungry a lot? A vegetarian? Make sure your protein intake is enough since protein can help you keep fuller longer. Open your diary for help (in settings). Ask people to look at it and help you.
  • kellig1979
    kellig1979 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Add me, also need a buddy
  • WeighandPray
    WeighandPray Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Cutting your calories is how you'll lose the weight. Just figure out the foods you can eat more of that are less calories, or eat cleaner. I got used to my deficit eating so much that maintaining feels like I'm stuffing myself, but it's because I started eating better. I'm in the USA, so not what you're looking for, but you can do it!
  • sportynad9
    sportynad9 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much PastorCorley! That's really good advice and obviously, if you're looking for a buddy yourself, this offer is not strictly limited to UK residents :)

I find it hard to adjust, especially, and that must be a very common theme, at the weekends. We go out a lot, and even though it's never too crazy you easily drink a little too much here and there and then make a terrible food choice afterwards. I'm trying to combine weight loss (and then maintenance) in a way that I can fit into my life, which allows a little bit of spontaneity here and there and not having to get the scales out for every single meal. But I am also trying to be more meticulous than I used to be to make this work.

Sounds like you've really found your way of making it work. Congrats, that's amazing!!
  • agogaboutlife
    agogaboutlife Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi add me :)