Just went 1170kcal over my calories

Options
yirara
yirara Posts: 9,402 Member
edited August 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
... and then I remembered I forgot to remove the mango chicken curry from my diary that I'd cooked today and that is meant for 4 dinners. :D With 80 grams of rice with peas this dish will be around 560kcal (rough estimate) per dinner. It's saved as a meal now.

Replies

• ISweat4This
    ISweat4This Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Good catch LOL
  • yirara
    Options
    jaedwa1 wrote: »
    I went 1315 kcals over yesterday. Unfortunately mine wasn't a mistake...it was beer...and lots of it. :smiley:

Wow, that IS an awful lot of beer!
  • berryblonde
    berryblonde Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I was over by a couple hundred or so because of beer yesterday, after not eating all that much all day. Crazy how awful that stuff is for us. I haven't had any since i started back on my weight loss and eating well/exercise this time, I was shocked.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I went 1315 kcals over yesterday. Unfortunately mine wasn't a mistake...it was beer...and lots of it. :smiley:

No regrets if you had a good night, I'll be enjoying my night tonight :D
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I'm sure I went over by untold hundreds the four days I took of logging vacation over eclipse weekend with friends visiting. Went up a total of six pounds including water. Have dropped 4 off in the last couple days. I figure in another week I may be back to where I was before the break. Lesson learned.

If I eat with reckless abandon, the weight piles on. I was eating "at maintenance" for twice what a healthy weight would be for me. That was my "old normal," basically TDEE for 283 pounds. Now, I am eating TDEE-500 for my current weight and plan to work my way down to TDEE for a healthy BMI when I get there. This is my "new normal."
  • yirara
    Options
    I'm sure I went over by untold hundreds the four days I took of logging vacation over eclipse weekend with friends visiting. Went up a total of six pounds including water. Have dropped 4 off in the last couple days. I figure in another week I may be back to where I was before the break. Lesson learned.

If I eat with reckless abandon, the weight piles on. I was eating "at maintenance" for twice what a healthy weight would be for me. That was my "old normal," basically TDEE for 283 pounds. Now, I am eating TDEE-500 for my current weight and plan to work my way down to TDEE for a healthy BMI when I get there. This is my "new normal."

Aww... I hope you enjoyed it! There won't be an eclipse for a while.

I also gained some weight during a recent trip, to the arctic. Lots of nice things such as reindeer offal , bear, whale, lots of fish... I'm still not sure how much I gained as my body's not used to eating so much meat and drinking so little in very dry air. Things move a bit slower. I might have gained 2lbs or a bit less I guess. Could be worse.
  • yirara
    Options
    YIKES! I just ran 17km, and guess I burned about 900kcal. I could still eat the whole 4 curries without rice :D
  • narspips
    narspips Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm going to go over by around 300 today, this thread makes me feel a bit better ;) In my case it was a friend's wedding so a worthwhile calorie expenditure. Back to normal tomorrow :)
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    Aww... I hope you enjoyed it! There won't be an eclipse for a while.

I did, I did. I didn't "cheat" because cheating implies I got away with something. I didn't get away with anything. I piled pounds of water and fat stores back on in four days that will probably take a couple weeks to undo. Was it worth it? Sure. But I also know I can't do it very often and reach my goals. I am not "back on a diet." I'm back to my new normal after four days of reckless abandon. Reckless abandon has consequences. It can no longer be considered "normal."
  • hydechildcare
    hydechildcare Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    The other day I went to add onions and thought I put .5 cup of diced onion. I couldn't believe that I have over 500 hundred calories for that meal. Then I relook and it said 5 cups of onions. Good thing I double check.
  • kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    yirara wrote: »

Wow, that IS an awful lot of beer!

Really it's not sadly - if you enjoy the "high abv" stuff. 1 pint of a 12% beer is almost 500 calories. Sadly thats what the really good double IPA's or bourbon barrel aged stuff may be and I could down a couple of those easily.

Yes, thats a lot of beer is you drink "light beer". Shutter.

I did find if I can fit 1 in, so I make that 1 count.

• yirara
    Options
    The other day I went to add onions and thought I put .5 cup of diced onion. I couldn't believe that I have over 500 hundred calories for that meal. Then I relook and it said 5 cups of onions. Good thing I double check.

Haha! yes, been there, done that. Instead of adding 0.01 of 100 grams of garlic I've added 10 of 100 grams garlic and similar things.
  • fredericktambunan
    Options
    go run for an hour, or go hard for a half hour