Wondering how many calories I burn at work...

Options
I've gone from being a couch potato to working 40 hrs a week at Sonic (fast food). So I'm on my feet 8 hours a day constantly moving... cleaning, making and delivering food here n there, carrying huge buckets of ice around 8-10 times a day. I'm just curious if anyone has any idea how much this changes things. Ty<3

Replies

• Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Go into your settings and change your activity level to the one that seems most appropriate (probably active), eat according to that calorie allowance for 4-6 weeks then reassess. If you're losing faster than anticipated, increase your calories, slower, decrease them.
  • WeighandPray
    WeighandPray Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Get a step counter (Fitbit, Apple Watch, smartphone) and compare it to your days off to get an idea.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    My daughter went from couch potato to working at Arby's, similar to the Sonic job. Even with 1 free Arby's meal each day she's lost 20 lb. in a few months without even trying.
  • jenmarie8784
    jenmarie8784 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Ty guys
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    I've gone from being a couch potato to working 40 hrs a week at Sonic (fast food). So I'm on my feet 8 hours a day constantly moving... cleaning, making and delivering food here n there, carrying huge buckets of ice around 8-10 times a day. I'm just curious if anyone has any idea how much this changes things. Ty<3

I was on my feet all day Saturday in a small kitchen cooking/prepping for a party. About 10 hours total. My tracker gave me about 11,000 steps, even though I mainly stayed within a 20 square foot area and literally rolled out of bed and went right to the kitchen (I did no other activity other than the cooking).

You'll definitely see results from the activity...safe guess, probably something on order of 400-500 calories per 8 hour shift depending on your weight.