Breakfast Slump

Options
How do you break it?

Eggs, sausage, bacon, biscuit, oatmeal, smoothies, wraps, quiches, yogurt and fruits. All are delicious but get boring. How do you perk it up?

Replies

• skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Not a breakfast person here.
    I currently am on an oatmeal streak, but I have been known to eat cake, toast with cream cheese, leftovers from dinner, leftovers from desserts, potato salad leftovers, rice crisps with chocolate spread and protein shakes for breakfast. And much more. Basically anything (or nothing).
  • StellaMA20
    StellaMA20 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Smoothies! --- different colors, textures, and blends. I sometimes add a little orange juice to add some citrusy goodness as a base and I often add dried mulberries for texture.

One of my favorite recipes is some orange juice, a little bit of 0% yogurt, a little icy water, frozen strawberries, a banana, a handful of salted peanuts to add some savoury flavor to it, a tablespoon of dried mulberries, and a teaspoon of flax seeds. I often switch between the banana and fresh figs depending on the season.

Also, not a breakfast person, so this is usually lunch. But it becomes breakfast on weekends. :smile:
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    How do you break it?

Eggs, sausage, bacon, biscuit, oatmeal, smoothies, wraps, quiches, yogurt and fruits. All are delicious but get boring. How do you perk it up?

Those all sound delicious options to me :smiley: I'm an eggs any way kind of gal, but occasionally I have porridge with fruit and honey - a creature of habit mostly :/. Hope you get some good ideas though :smile:
  • Derpy_Hooves
    Derpy_Hooves Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I just think breakfast is boring full stop. It's usually yoghurt/granola for me or peanutbutter on toast.
    Lunch and dinner I can get excited about but breakfast? Nah.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Dinner leftovers. Whatever you like for lunch.. There are no specific breakfast foods
  • mabearof6
    mabearof6 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I don't normally eat breakfast but when I do it's usually leftovers from dinner.
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever you want, it doesn't have to be typical 'breakfast' foods. I do eat eggs a lot for breakfast but my other easy go to meals are a peanut butter sandwich or cottage cheese with avocado.
  • ashleyconleche
    ashleyconleche Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever fuels you!
  • ashleyconleche
    ashleyconleche Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I like scrambled eggs with green peppers, asparagus, mushrooms and cheese. Apples dipped in crunchy peanut butter. Smoothies (my favorite uses Greek yogurt, honey, spinach, strawberries, and a banana). I also love Greek yogurt with honey, chia seeds, and chopped up fruit.
  • KarenSmith2018
    KarenSmith2018 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    granola, museli, fruit and fiber, a million ways to cook overnight oats, regular oats with lots of toppings. I have breakfast biscuits for on go and energy bars made of nuts, fruit, oats, yogurt and honey. Bran muffins are good as well. On a weekend when i have time i LOVE pancakes or waffles for breakfast, eggs all sorts of ways, a nice hash with potato and veggies.
  • bellarosebunny
    bellarosebunny Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    The replies are awesome y'all! I know anything can be a breakfast food. I was simply naming typical ones.

Because I sleep such strange hours, I simply count my first meal as breakfast. I can do eggs, sausage and toast with milk. Or I can do soup, salad, and tea.. I run the whole spectrum
  • myfavoritealpha
    myfavoritealpha Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is difficult for me since I normally plop out of bed, shower and jump in the car. I may stop for eggs or something along the way or settle for something in my office. Today I stopped for a pork chop and eggs since I came in very early.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    go cultural, try what other countries have for breakfast ;)
  • Jancandoit7
    Jancandoit7 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I normally eat high fiber cereal (wheat bran flakes mixed with Ezekiel sprouted grain cereal)- and a handful of blueberries thrown in- eggs/toast maybe twice a week- I'm fine with a boring breakfast- I'm more about a more interesting dinner
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Lol I've started skipping breakfast for this reason. I've done leftovers in the past but now I'm just not in the mood for savory stuff when I get up, and all the sweet stuff is just too calorie dense and doesn't fill me up, so I just wait until 10.30am or so and have 'lunch' food.
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    Try eating the kinds of meals you typically use for lunch and dinner. What's the difference?
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I do my oatmeal with vanilla almond milk, fresh strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, walnuts and chia seeds. When that gets boring I switch to an egg cooked in a egg ring add cheese & bacon on a english muffin.
  • bellarosebunny
    bellarosebunny Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of doing the smoothie or protein shake route. I'm not normally crazy hungry more thristy. So it's an option.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of doing the smoothie or protein shake route. I'm not normally crazy hungry more thristy. So it's an option.

If you're not hungry, just skip it. It's so much easier on me when I'm not hungry for breakfast!
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    meadowey wrote: »
    Smoothies! --- different colors, textures, and blends. I sometimes add a little orange juice to add some citrusy goodness as a base and I often add dried mulberries for texture.

One of my favorite recipes is some orange juice, a little bit of 0% yogurt, a little icy water, frozen strawberries, a banana, a handful of salted peanuts to add some savoury flavor to it, a tablespoon of dried mulberries, and a teaspoon of flax seeds. I often switch between the banana and fresh figs depending on the season.

Also, not a breakfast person, so this is usually lunch. But it becomes breakfast on weekends. :smile:

Holy moly, how many calories in that? It sounds like 1/2 my weight loss calories daily allotment!