To eat or not to eat? That is the question..

Options
LOL I hadda use that as a header for a good laugh. But anyway I am gonna start walking early in the morning(6AM) and I was wondering if I should eat breakfast before or after? I have heard that you shouldnt eat a big meal before you workout, but you should at least eat something. I was just wondering what I should eat or drink? Thanks!

Replies

• jenswwjourney
    Options
    something high in protein. maybe a greek yogurt? or some peanut butter toast?
  • jnettiedotson
    Options
    I would eat something small, because if you're like me you won't feel like eating afterwards. Eat like a banana and a yogurt or something like that :)
  • pambaldwin
    Options
    When I walked early in the morning, I must admit that I did not eat but just downed some water to make up for no water while I was sleeping. Never found it to be a problem. I still do not eat before I walk. On gym days (in the morning), I eat a Kashi Granola bar before I go.
  • katy4193
    katy4193 Posts: 44
    Options
    You could get some whey protein powder, blend that with milk or juice and a banana and that would be perfect!! At least that is what I have done!! You could actually put any fruit you want, I find the banana to make the shake thicker.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I eat but when I get up it's to run and I have to replenish all that my body has used during the night. I would never ask my body to perform with giving it fuel. I eat protein and fruit. I also eat right after, no matter what.
  • BlueEyedMomma88
    BlueEyedMomma88 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas! I think i'll expieriment a bit and see whats best for me. Like try eating a banana, or just some water, or just some yogurt. I will most likely end up eating breakfast when I get home from walking(if Im hungry, cuz I saw someone mention they werent that hungry). Thanks again everyone :smile: