Cravings

Options
Hello everyone,
My bday is in 2 weeks and I'm trying to loose as much weight as possible. I'm doing intermittent fasting as well as 300 cal meals. I have been doing good but I just can't stop getting cravings for something sweet. I gave in 2 days ago and ate 2 bites of chocolate cake

Replies

• artbyrachelh
    artbyrachelh Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Two bites isn't bad! It's better than two slices! Maybe that's the key? When you have a craving, just take two bites? Try it! Let me know
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is just the first step. 2 bites sounds like a good strategy. As long as it fits your, and it doesn't trigger a binge....it's all good.
  • sarahtheweber
    sarahtheweber Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The thing that sucks about sugar is just how addictive it is. The more you feed the addiction, the more you crave it. I think that replacing the bad sugar with good sugar is going to be your key to losing the cravings. This means instead of chocolate in the future, maybe try some fruit to kill the sugar craving? While fruit still has sugar (and a lot of it), it is better for you than chocolate.
  • nikkie482
    nikkie482 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Two bites isn't bad! It's better than two slices! Maybe that's the key? When you have a craving, just take two bites? Try it! Let me know

Thanks because I felt bad after I ate it.
  • nikkie482
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    Losing weight is just the first step. 2 bites sounds like a good strategy. As long as it fits your, and it doesn't trigger a binge....it's all good.

Thanks because I honestly was feeling bad about it
  • nikkie482
    Options
    The thing that sucks about sugar is just how addictive it is. The more you feed the addiction, the more you crave it. I think that replacing the bad sugar with good sugar is going to be your key to losing the cravings. This means instead of chocolate in the future, maybe try some fruit to kill the sugar craving? While fruit still has sugar (and a lot of it), it is better for you than chocolate.

Thanks for the feed back. I love watermelon so I will make sure I always have some at home
  • jessicarehll
    jessicarehll Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I suggest trying Now brand Glucomannan Powder. It regulates your blood sugar, and really helps with sugar cravings. It makes a huge difference.
  • nikkie482
    Options
    Thankyou because I have been finding hard lately to fight my cravings
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    When we eat too little or poorly, we become hungry and get cravings. Maybe you're eating too little or poorly. You need a certain amount of calories every day, based on our height and weight. What's your height and weight, and how many calories are you eating per day?
  • nikkie482
    Options
    My height is 5'3" and weight 227, and that sounds about right because I don't meal prep and I try not to eat more than 1000-1200 calories
  • DEBOO7
    DEBOO7 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Take 450-600mg magnesium malate a day - it cured my desire for chocolate. Also helps with sleep, relaxes nerve endings, kills cramp...
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    nikkie482 wrote: »
    My height is 5'3" and weight 227, and that sounds about right because I don't meal prep and I try not to eat more than 1000-1200 calories

I don't see the connection between your height and weight and meal prep, but you don't have to meal prep to lose weight. Anyway, 1200 calories is the bare minimum for a woman, and only suitable for those who are shorter and lighter than you. You will lose weight if you consistently eat 1500-1600 calories - at your weight, this is a calorie deficit of around 800-900, so you will lose weight eating that, fast and steadily, but you won't feel starving, so it's a lot easier to stick to. You will experience fewer cravings if you balance your meals (prioritize vegetables, fat, protein, add starch, fruit to hit calorie goal) and not depriving yourself completely of foods you like (a moderate treat per week should be possible to fit in - prelog it and see how much impact it will have, then make a decision).
  • missevil
    missevil Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad about the two bites. It's a huge accomplishment to only have two bites and not two slices.
    Plus this kind of guilt after a really small trip into the world of sweets might become a bad start into an eating disorder. Don't feel guilty, but enjoy a few little treats every now and then, to keep yourself happy.
    And as long as you don't eat half the cake, you're doing still awesome and will still lose weight.