Which Beachbody programme?

Options
I'm 28, getting married in 4 month and i was wondering which beach body programme will get me the best results in the shortest time. I've about 35lb to lose (mostly fat around my tummy), then i want to tone arms/lower body. I'm following a 1300cal diet (I'm only 5ft 1).

I have access to all the programmes but i'm not sure where to start (googling has confused me more). I'm average fitness and time is not an issue. I've been looking at T25, Max 30, Insanity, 21 day fix.. I was looking at insanity but does Max 30 give the same results with less of a time commitment? Then i was wondering should i start with 21 Day Fix. I have a good bit of fat to lose but i've heard integrating resistance burns fat faster.. Would cardio be better to focus on first.. I probably have time to do nearly two programmes in the 4 months.. Done Julian Michaels years ago and really don't enjoy her!

Replies

• MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    My wife and I do the PIYO, we both enjoy it, we just started so I can't offer results but I like the mix of Yoga and strength. But before you buy anything, someone introduced to me to Fitnessblender.com you may want to check out their video's and routines since it is free, you can try different types of workouts and see which one you really like. Best of luck
  • bhurley100
    bhurley100 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    ainemdg186 wrote: »
    I'm 28, getting married in 4 month and i was wondering which beach body programme will get me the best results in the shortest time. I've about 35lb to lose (mostly fat around my tummy), then i want to tone arms/lower body. I'm following a 1300cal diet (I'm only 5ft 1).

I have access to all the programmes but i'm not sure where to start (googling has confused me more). I'm average fitness and time is not an issue. I've been looking at T25, Max 30, Insanity, 21 day fix.. I was looking at insanity but does Max 30 give the same results with less of a time commitment? Then i was wondering should i start with 21 Day Fix. I have a good bit of fat to lose but i've heard integrating resistance burns fat faster.. Would cardio be better to focus on first.. I probably have time to do nearly two programmes in the 4 months.. Done Julian Michaels years ago and really don't enjoy her!

So, 21 day fix extreme is not something you are interested in? Thats the only thing I've done and got results my fitness friends, family, and clients have really noticed and got lots of them telling me, "Dang, you really slimmed down and you look toned!!!" That is after 2 rounds of it bc it took a couple weeks to get my clean eating habbits in check and able to do the work out vids without a struggle lol Got to my goal weight and continued with clean eating even after the program.
  • mabearof6
    mabearof6 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Love Insanity.....also loved Turbofire.
  • samathes
    samathes Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I've done P90X, 21DF, 21DF Extreme, and now I'm on P90X3. 21DF was good but 21DF Extreme is tough! I'm on my 2nd week of X3 and I love it. It's intense and really gets you sweating.
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Max30 is INCREDIBLE!!!! T25 is much better for a beginner to intermediate. I also love TurboFire and ChaLean Extreme if you're looking to incorporate resistance training.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I had gotten a little out of shape and a little overweight when I didT25. I thought it was great and it got me into great shape, but took 3 months. I didn't like Julian either and haven't done the other BB except for Beast Body.
  • 357TJ
    357TJ Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    fiddletime wrote: »
    I had gotten a little out of shape and a little overweight when I didT25. I thought it was great and it got me into great shape, but took 3 months. I didn't like Julian either and haven't done the other BB except for Beast Body.

• 357TJ
    357TJ Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    How was BB compared to P90X?
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of doing P90X...on the fence
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Beast Body is just lifting weights. No cardio. It was a good thing for my body, but I prefer more cardio and don't have time for both. I wonder if the new Hamner and Chisel incorporates cardio and weights? I haven't done p90x. I hurt my foot doing burpees so have had to switch to rowing and biking (inside). I can't do lunges or burpees that bend the toes. I also do hand weights since I bought a bunch for BB.

To the OP I would have done some insanity after T25 if my feet had not had issues (not the burpees fault, just aging and bad feet that caught up to me).
  • Andy10725
    Andy10725 Posts: 68 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I have done p90x and insanity. Both workout are great. Lost good weight with it. Purely basing on time spent and weight lost wise, insanity was faster for me. Lost 30 lb with it.
  • gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I finished max 30 twice back to back. And going to start round 3 soon. I also completed t 25 and it was ok. I thought it was a little bit too slow for my liking.
  • enyagoboom
    enyagoboom Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 2 of 21 day fix and it's perfect for me because it's 30 minutes that I can happily commit to - anything longer than 40 minutes and I just check out. I agree about the strength, I am absolutely noticing a change in muscles. Still flabby, but with a difference. I don't use the containers, it's just for exercise for me. And I modify/use bands as needed and it's still tough :)
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    Options
    I did the first month's workouts of P90X for about 6 months with pretty good results. I have tried whichever of the Insanity guy's workouts they included in the fitness app on the XboxOne (either Insanity or T25). Friend of mine did the same P90X run with me and raves about P90X3. I tried it and thought the majority of the movements felt silly, I've found more traditional weightlifting is was really gets me jazzed up, hence why original P90X > X3 for me. The advantage he always sites with X3 is that they're only 30 minutes, but I would just skip workouts because I never really wanted to do them; doesn't matter how good and/or efficient a workout is if you won't do it. Like anything in life, you get out what you put into it. I'm not as familiar with some of their newer stuff, my impression is that Hammer & Chisel is a good blend of cardio, nutrition, and weights, and that it's a little more equipment-intensive than some of their other programs. All in all, you'll probably get the results you're looking for with most of their higher-intensity programs provided you really push yourself when doing them.

Whichever one you decide to go with, nail your nutrition or you're shooting yourself in the foot.
  • enyagoboom
    enyagoboom Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    steveko89 wrote: »
    Whichever one you decide to go with, nail your nutrition or you're shooting yourself in the foot.

This x a billion.
  • lindsayh87
    lindsayh87 Posts: 167 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I've done a ton of the programs over the last few years. If you're looking for good results #1 is nutrition. You can do any workout you want but if you aren't eating right you'll never get results.

Secondly, insanity is amazing, super hard but it delivers awesome results. It was my first BB program. I done the calendar several times and it always gets me the result I want (usually after a month or two of slacking when i need to get back in line