My new personal challenge!

Options
So since tomorrow is the start of a brand new month, I will be starting a new challenge for myself! since my birthday is 7 months away I am giving myself 7 months to drop 20 pounds and get some abs! I will be taking a bike ride at least three times a week in the morning before I eat my breakfast to try to burn off some extra fat! Then next week I will switch the fat burning to weight lifting..I plan on alternating that until the 25th of August (when i return to school). I haven't really planned on what I am doing after that but if you have any ideas let me know! Do you think this will work out? And if you have any recommendations leave them below! Thanks!!
Or if you want to conquer this challenge with me go ahead and let me know and i'll add you as a friend!! :)

Replies

• collmullshulaw
    Options
    eat something before you work out- even if it's small, you need something to give you energy!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Have something small before working out...banana, apple with pb, or oatmeal in the morning, with water. :) GOOD LUCK!
  • Rompa_87
    Rompa_87 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    So since tomorrow is the start of a brand new month, I will be starting a new challenge for myself! since my birthday is 7 months away I am giving myself 7 months to drop 20 pounds and get some abs! I will be taking a bike ride at least three times a week in the morning before I eat my breakfast to try to burn off some extra fat! Then next week I will switch the fat burning to weight lifting..I plan on alternating that until the 25th of August (when i return to school). I haven't really planned on what I am doing after that but if you have any ideas let me know! Do you think this will work out? And if you have any recommendations leave them below! Thanks!!
    Or if you want to conquer this challenge with me go ahead and let me know and i'll add you as a friend!! :)

Just so you know what to aim for...1 pound of fat is approximately 3500cal worth of energy. If you want to lose 20 pounds of solely fat in 7 months you need to lose approximately 0.7 (20 pounds / ~28 weeks) pounds a week. This results in a caloric deficit of approximately 350cal a day below your current caloric requirements. This is assuming you are eating healthily, strength training and lose minimal lean body mass
  • CaptainMFP
    CaptainMFP Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Some friendly advice: I do 15-20 mile bike rides 2 - 3 times a week...I'd eat an apple or something before I go...you need some carbs to start fat burning at the cellular level and endurance cardio like cycling demands this...I smell ammonia after intense rides (a sign of burning protein as an energy source) if I don't have some carbs in me!
  • corymomma
    corymomma Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Like everyone has said eat something first and don't forget your water!