SOS

Options
Its currently 19:57 here my wife gets home at 23:00 I need an idea for dinner that's healthy but my meat and potatoes girl will still love. I have chicken thawed and my cabinets contain pasta, instant potatoes, 2 packs of beef ramen, quick cook brown rice, jiffy baking mix, 1 can refried beans, 2 cans beef gravy, pink Himalayan salt, ground oregano, hot sauce, and pepper. HELP!!!!!
PS as it is the end of the week NO I can not go grab anything from the store.

Replies

• victory68
    victory68 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Chicken and beans that's the start of tacos do you have tortillas or chips?

Chicken roasted wth salt pepper and other spices you like/have served with mashed potatoes and pour gravy over the whole mess and presto! Food

Diced chicken cooked in salt pepper and any kind of oil sautéed in a pan. Separate pot make ramen noodles but don't add seasoning just cook the noodles. If you have any veggies sauté those up too and you have a noodle stir fry. If no ceggies cook the noodles then add some of the oil you cooked your chicken in to the noodles mix it up with a little butter (if no butter just the oil is fine) mix the whole thing together and garnish with oregano. It's not awesome but it would work lol

Best of luck!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Do you have Salsa and cheese?

http://pinchofyum.com/chicken-enchilada-casserole

Do you have ANY veggies at all?

I'd pick the instant brown rice as the side. And some non-existent veggies.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Making tortillas from Jiffy baking mix.

http://www.jiffymix.com/recipe.php/Jiffy+Baking+Mix/319-"JIFFY"+Tortillas

I would use a dry cast iron frying pan.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Myfridgefood.com

Enter in what you have, and it will give you recipes. I have enjoyed each of the recipes I have gotten through there.
  • MagickRain
    MagickRain Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My mom came to my rescue. Pan fried chicken with penne and sauce. Thanks for all the ideas y'all
  • Merrysailor5
    Merrysailor5 Posts: 1,424 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    My goodness man, why didn't you tell us you had your mom in the pantry too?

Teehehe. I like you. Haha.
  • jelleigh
    jelleigh Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I love this whole thread.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!