Trip to London

Replies

• This content has been removed.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member
    jdlobb wrote: »
    the London Aquarium is one of my favorites.

guided tour of the Tower of London is worth it

Jack the Ripper night time walking tour is a blast, as are pretty much any of the countless "ghost" tours in London.

Good Stuff, Thanks !

yeah, the Jack the Ripper tour is right up our alley (pardon the pun)

I'ma putting that on the to-do list for sure.
  • SEAHORSES4EVER
    SEAHORSES4EVER Posts: 1,553 Member
    edited September 2017
    Check out 50 Berkeley square for haunted places, and the clinks prison.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/50_Berkeley_Square
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    @SEAHORSES4EVER Do they have any Olive Garden's there? Incase I decide to plan a trip there one day.
  • SEAHORSES4EVER
    edited September 2017
    Caporegiem wrote: »
    @SEAHORSES4EVER Do they have any Olive Garden's there? Incase I decide to plan a trip there one day.

Edit. Wrong photo..

3ykmdbzgzmqv.png

Never been, what's it like?
  • Caporegiem

Edit. Wrong photo..

3ykmdbzgzmqv.png

Only the best Italian you'll ever taste. So good they even push the boundaries of authentic Italian and offer chocolate tacos
  • SEAHORSES4EVER

Edit. Wrong photo..

3ykmdbzgzmqv.png

Only the best Italian you'll ever taste. So good they even push the boundaries of authentic Italian and offer chocolate tacos

Chocolate tacos? Why didn't you say before. I'm going to live my life to the fullest.
  • Caporegiem

Edit. Wrong photo..

3ykmdbzgzmqv.png

Chocolate tacos? Why didn't you say before. I'm going to live my life to the fullest.

You should, you only have until 1-28-18 left.
  • SEAHORSES4EVER

Edit. Wrong photo..

3ykmdbzgzmqv.png

You should, you only have until 1-28-18 left.

I need to go to true confessions.
  • dwrightlaw
    dwrightlaw Posts: 804 Member
    I'm a little jealous as I've never been & I'm obsessed with British/Scottish Hx. I hope you have a great time & safe travels :)
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Not at all about London, but if I ever go to England I want to go to Lands End...I saw it on a BBC show I like called "Coasts". Plus "Lands End" just sounds like an awesome place.
  • jdlobb
    jdlobb Posts: 1,232 Member
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Not at all about London, but if I ever go to England I want to go to Lands End...I saw it on a BBC show I like called "Coasts". Plus "Lands End" just sounds like an awesome place.

English seaside towns are SO COOL. They have an aesthetic that's totally unlike most US beach towns.
  • jacquih2981
    jacquih2981 Posts: 120 Member

dwrightlaw wrote: »
    I'm obsessed with British/Scottish Hx.

Halifax (Hx) ??
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,456 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    the London Aquarium is one of my favorites.

guided tour of the Tower of London is worth it

Jack the Ripper night time walking tour is a blast, as are pretty much any of the countless "ghost" tours in London.

Good Stuff, Thanks !

yeah, the Jack the Ripper tour is right up our alley (pardon the pun)

I'ma putting that on the to-do list for sure.

How do I get on your to-do-list :laugh:
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,817 Member
    You should definitely visit the Sahara desert while there too.

While your in the Sahara you might as well come down to Cape Town. LOADS of historical stuff to see here like the Waterfront. Oh and there is a flat mountain. It's ALL in England btw.
  • katsheare
    katsheare Posts: 1,025 Member
    also.... what kind of shoes should I wear?

Will wearing athletic trainers tip me off as an American tourist?

.... or will just wearing my Red Sox cap be enough to do so?

these things are important to me.

Okay, for actually, the number of people I see wearing clothes from American universities and cities by people who have never been there is pretty amazing. And I am in a not remotely touristy bit of the country. But whatever you wear will be wet, pretty much the whole time because it doesn't stop raining here (depending on time of year), so be prepared for that.

If you want history, Bletchley Park is open to the public and evidently amazing (I've not been yet, but it's on my list...), I really like Bath (that's a day trip from London, it's just east of Wales) if you're into the Roman history bit of the UK. Imperial War Museum is also a good option, as is the V&A, if you like museums. And what they said about the walking tours (you can do Jack the Ripper, old pubs, ghost tours, pretty much anything from what I've seen...) If you want countryside, the Chilterns is a lovely hill range quite close to London with tons of picturesque villages (and tourists, obvs) and the trip there is beautiful whichever way you go. If you can't make it to Yorkshire :) I also love a wander around Oxford, another day trip but always one I recommend to first-time visitors.

Plenty to do in and around London. That is, once you're bored with the pyramids and the Great Wall.
  • Speziface
    Speziface Posts: 1,687 Member
    NUTS!!!

really, I don't know the landscape there..... I'm hoping to see some historical places. maybe something from WWII, like Churchill's War Room.

Tower of London?

There's always The Tank Museum but that's likely to be a day trip.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    shopping could be fun go in ask a hot girl to show you here pants and insist she show you. just because pants over there means underwear but if your going with your wife you might not want to

+
  • Motorsheen
    katsheare wrote: »
    also.... what kind of shoes should I wear?

Will wearing athletic trainers tip me off as an American tourist?

.... or will just wearing my Red Sox cap be enough to do so?

these things are important to me.

Okay, for actually, the number of people I see wearing clothes from American universities and cities by people who have never been there is pretty amazing. And I am in a not remotely touristy bit of the country. But whatever you wear will be wet, pretty much the whole time because it doesn't stop raining here (depending on time of year), so be prepared for that.

If you want history, Bletchley Park is open to the public and evidently amazing (I've not been yet, but it's on my list...), I really like Bath (that's a day trip from London, it's just east of Wales) if you're into the Roman history bit of the UK. Imperial War Museum is also a good option, as is the V&A, if you like museums. And what they said about the walking tours (you can do Jack the Ripper, old pubs, ghost tours, pretty much anything from what I've seen...) If you want countryside, the Chilterns is a lovely hill range quite close to London with tons of picturesque villages (and tourists, obvs) and the trip there is beautiful whichever way you go. If you can't make it to Yorkshire :) I also love a wander around Oxford, another day trip but always one I recommend to first-time visitors.

Plenty to do in and around London. That is, once you're bored with the pyramids and the Great Wall.

thanks!

wet weather? ...... well, that will be a change, for sure.
  • Motorsheen
    Speziface wrote: »
    NUTS!!!

really, I don't know the landscape there..... I'm hoping to see some historical places. maybe something from WWII, like Churchill's War Room.

Tower of London?

thx!

tank museum..... I could spend an entire day there.

my wife..... dunno?
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited September 2017
    Try the Olive Garden at 42 Replingham Road, Southfields, London SW18 5LR
  • Motorsheen
    Try the Olive Garden at 42 Replingham Road, Southfields, London SW18 5LR

the reservation has been made

.... for 3 straight nights
  • Speziface
    Speziface Posts: 1,687 Member
    NUTS!!!

Tower of London?

thx!

my wife..... dunno?

Don't you mean...'tanks'?

I'll show myself out....
  • Motorsheen
    NUTS!!!

Tower of London?

thx!

my wife..... dunno?

Don't you mean...'tanks'?

I'll show myself out....

yes; tanks a million.

*tip your waitress
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    NUTS!!!

Tower of London?

I want to go there!!!
  • jdlobb
    jdlobb Posts: 1,232 Member
    edited September 2017
    The National Army Museum is also an under appreciated gem in London

Also The Royal Mews is really cool. Horses, big gold carriages.
  • Motorsheen
    The National Army Museum is also an under appreciated gem in London

Thanks...

plus, no trip to England would be complete without a visit to the Berlin Wall.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    Go to the place where this pic was made and see if you can get same effect wearing your speedo.

Princess-Diana-see-through-sexy-skirt-newsmediaimages.jpg

• Motorsheen
    edited September 2017
    Go to the place where this pic was made and see if you can get same effect wearing your speedo.

Princess-Diana-see-through-sexy-skirt-newsmediaimages.jpg

speedo?

Hahahaha! That's pretty funny.....

wait.

how do you know I'm wearing a speedo?

btw... the lady in the photo, she's pretty hot; is she available?