New mom looking for new mom friends

Options
Hello! Looking to add some mamas of newborns, or just mamas in general. I'm 2 months postpartum. I gained 60 pounds while pregnant. I've dropped 30 of it (25 from actual baby weight and swelling) but have 30 more to go to get to pre-pregnancy weight. I was 20 pounds over goal weight before pregnancy, so now I have a total of 50 that I'd be happy to lose. :D

I'm currently breastfeeding, so I'm not looking to drastically reduce calories. Even before pregnancy I was never able to restrict drastically because it just wasn't sustainable! I love eating! I want to fuel my body with great food and be healthy for my son!

After an extremely difficult labor, I feel like I can do anything! But I'm struggling with the erratic schedule of a newborn and sleep deprivation.

I'd really love to have accountability with moms who have similar goals and struggles. Anyone looking for an accountability partner to swap food diaries with daily? Or just friends I can cheer on?

Replies

• kathleenford04
    kathleenford04 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    My calorie goal is set at 1450, but I include breastfeeding as "cardio" burning 500 calories to bring my goal up to about 2000. I was able to lose a few pounds while eating 2000, or even a little more, but I'm starting to slip. Currently my only exercise is walking, which I track with a Fitbit. I usually eat back all my exercise calories. If my son starts napping for more than 10minutes in his crib (ha!) I'd like to start doing short Fitness Blender workouts at home.

Can't wait to hear from others!
  • kathleenford04
    Options
    Ok :) Sending you a request!
  • kathleenford04
    Options
    Also...twins! You're superwoman :)
  • chr1stina
    chr1stina Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm a new mom - gained about 50lbs, my baby was born in January and it's now Sept and I'm only 10lb away fromwhen baby was born. I've been struggling big time. Ready to make the change and get it off via eating better, tracking my food and getting more exercise - right now i can walk (I have fitbit), will have to ease into harder workouts due to past back problems etc. plus I'm weaning off antidepressants which I think contributed to holding on to the weight.
  • kathleenford04
    Options
    Would love to support you, as I'll also have to ease back into workouts. I had a c section and am kind of nervous to start. Also haven't worked out in a year. What are you hoping to start with?
  • booknerd57
    booknerd57 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You're welcome to add me! I'm also 2 months post partum and have quite a bit to lose (I was pretty overweight when I got pregnant). It would be nice to have another mom friend
  • Countryrose1988
    Countryrose1988 Posts: 1 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I am also looking for some serious encouragement! I am 3 months post baby. I watched what I ate the first half of my pregnancy and didn't gain til I was 30 weeks and because of that I was able to lose what I gained within a week after having the baby. Although I'm back at my pre pregnancy weight I'm still 30lbs away from what I want to be. This is baby #2 and I am currently breastfeeding. I am having a hard time finding what works for me without decreasing my milk supply. I also have a 3 year old so I'm needing to find the energy to get them both in my double stroller and at least walk but I have yet to make myself exercise! I am also a stay at home mom and I need some extra motivation and people to push me forward!
  • dizzylizzy213
    dizzylizzy213 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm also 2 months post-baby and need a boost. I gained a lot and retained a ton of fluid while pregnant. I have between 10-15 pounds I would like to lose in the next few months but am finding it very difficult. I get worried about limiting calorie intake because I am still breastfeeding and am not cooking as much because of our new baby. It has been a huge (but wonderful :) ) lifestyle change because she is our first.
  • kaitg92
    kaitg92 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there! While I'm not a new mom, I have a 3 yr old and a 9 month old. I'm new to this app (sorta.. I've used it on and off between the two pregnancies) and looking for mom friends! We can help keep each motivated. I need to lose 80 lbs to get back to weight before my first pregnancy.
  • brighton_up
    brighton_up Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have a 1 year old and far too many love handles.. i need friends.
  • bitabee
    bitabee Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 5 months postpartum with my second daughter! (I have a three year old daughter as well.) I have 47 lbs. to go before I hit my pre-first-baby pregnancy weight. (I am about 8 lbs. from my from my second-baby-pre-pregnancy weight.) Would love more accountability and support! I actually think I am going to start a 12 week challenge group on the discussion board just to help motivate myself! Let me know if you want to join!
  • nithinith
    nithinith Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I would love to make mommy friends.My little one is 17 months now and I gained 24kgs during pregnancy and I'm made fun of it now.I live alone in a new country with my husband and my kid with no family and friends so I end up with no motivation in losing weight and I've got a foot problem that requires weight loss very soon.my husband isn't very helpful and thinks that I won't lose weight.please do add me so that I get the mental support to start off.thanks ladies
  • nanda_82
    nanda_82 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies,
    I'm 8.5 month's postpartum with my first baby. Im also about to turn 35 and feel like the pregnancy added about 5 years on top
  • AshleighAnn72
    AshleighAnn72 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me! I lost 2 stone with this app before getting pregnant.
    I have 5 stone to lose to get to my target weight.
    I'm 3 weeks pp :) x
  • lvromero3
    lvromero3 Posts: 18 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I'm 4 months post baby and I get the struggle. For me, I gain weight after having babies though lol I'm up 16lbs since I came home from the hospital after having my second daughter.

It's hard to find the right magic number where you don't feel hungry or affect your supply. Plus then you add sleep deprivation and omg I crave everything like I'm still pregnant or wanna kill someone cuz I'm hungry

I wanna lose the 16 I just gained plus another 23ish lbs for now but eventually I'd like to lose more.. just taking it in phases/stages so as to not get overwhelmed
  • kathleenford04
    Options
    A fitness pal friend just started a 12 week weight loss challenge for mamas of littles. Send me a message if you'd like the link!
  • lvromero3
    Options
    I think I found it yesterday and sent a request but haven't heard back yet!
  • amks3818
    amks3818 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am a mom of 4 with my oldest turning 19yrs old next month and my youngest just turned 1yrs old last month. I have been struggling to lose the baby weight. I had lost over 40 lbs before getting pregnant but gained almost all of it back during pregnancy. I have found it hard to find time to exercise with the little one and having fibromyalgia. I have been able to lose a little just by watching what I eat. I can support and motivate and we can encourage each other.
  • lvromero3
    Options
    Will do!! We can do this!!