Friends wanted who work from home

Options
Hi I am 51 been here 2 weeks. Logging is going ok, it's a new thing for me. I have 20 to lose overall. I am really having a hard time as I have always had a hard time with work life balance as I work from home. I'm trying to get to the gym and do a class almost every day and to get a lot of steps in because that's when I feel the best and that's when I eat the best overall, except being extremely hungry later after a challenging class out. I'm not interested in staying this way or using food to solve my work anxieties, but it's a daily challenge. If you are in the same situation where you have experience in the situation and tips and you want to friend me or just post what works for you I welcome all of that.

Replies

• RuaidhriC
    RuaidhriC Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, if you'd like! :)
  • neighborhoodwatchhc
    Options
    Hi, my name is Lin and I also work from home. This is the end of my first full day here and so far I am loving all the support! Just by having three new "friends' stopped me from having any chocolate today ... thank you friends :)
    I work from home too. Right now I am building a website and would like to have chocolate, chips and ice cream help me but I have banned them from the office!!
    Also, I have set three alarms on my phone at 2 hr intervals and when those alarms go off I walk out the front door, sometimes with no shoes on. The alarm goes off = front door. I find the break helps to refocus me. I think I'll up my game and walk to the end of the street and back when the alarms go off.
    I lost 50 pounds a while back and have 30 to go. What helped me last time was deciding that I didn't have any choices to make. For example: 2pm and I got on the bike for 20 minutes. There was no choice of not doing it, that's just what happened at 2pm. Also, if I was craving something, I would put it in the freezer for 30 minutes. It is really tough to eat something fast when it has been in the freezer. :)
    I hope this helps you ... and don't give up ... we are in this together.
  • justnjoyable
    justnjoyable Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi I work from home to so glad you posted this!
  • justnjoyable
    Options
    .....little more about me.....I was excited to obtain a work from home situation...it's committed to sitting at a desk so it has really actually been highly motivating....that combined with information about the risks of a sit down job! Like neighborhoodwatchhc (post above) I chose a definite trigger to get me moving. At my three o clock 15 min break I change into my workout clothes, and the minute my shift ends I am out the door to the gym or completing my workout at home. I also add a 50 lb weight vest during different workouts so that I can keep challenging myself and prevention of osteoporosis. I am in the area of my goal weight, but know that I must stay on top of it to remain in good health! I am 60, feeling good, it's been a long road. Go work at home ladies!!!!! We can do this!!!
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Right now I work from home as a freelance transcriptionist, although I'm hoping to get a full-time job soon. Nothing's happening at the moment, so here I sit, plugging away.

Anyway, friend requests are welcome. :) Thanks for this thread.
  • justnjoyable
    Options
    Checking in to this thread so we can all keep each other motivated! Go work at home ladies!!! Having some fun meals with spaghetti squash (steamed) spinach, mushrooms, chicken, topped with pico de gallo! Seems like with my work at home schedule my biggest meal is at lunch...how about everyone else?!
  • no6016
    no6016 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I go take a gym class daily but then come home and sit and work. I am going to stop ignoring my Fitbit reminders to move and try to get my step count up. I don't eat in the office, and I am doing a better job of lining up the water cups with straws. I have these great Contigo cups that don't spill. I am going to have to start meal planning more. And planning what I do at work in a day. In both arenas I wing it way too much and then the tapes in my head are always whizzing.