Ball is rolling 6 weeks in

Options
Hey guys, not really sure how this works but here goes nothing.

I was 400lbs and am on the verge of type 2, so 6 weeks ago I started eating better while intermittent fasting (16-8) and attending crossfit 3 times a week and working out additionally with walking, strength training, swimming, and HIIT.

I made an excel spreadsheet (I'm an engineer) to track my progress while utilizing the myfitnesspal app to track my macros. The progress so far is an estimated 12lbs lost and a tentative goal of 250lbs to be reached around June of next year (subject to many changes).

I do find myself losing steam a little bit and trying to get more motivation, so figured I'd give this a shot to make some friends and maybe help someone else on their journey.

Talk to ya soon.

Replies

• 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Take a step back and focus on the process. Celebrate each clean meal, each exercise session while looking forward to new victories.
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Good stuff! I started around a similar time and I'm in a second round of losing steam at the moment. The first time MFP had given me calories too low for what I had my activity/rate of loss set to so I've ended up losing more but feeling rubbish. I was in a groove for a while but then I hurt my foot so have had to take it easier and tweak my calories, which has got me feeling crappy again. I find I just have to shake things up and experiment with what is going to help you stick to your plan and goals.
  • Gzuschick
    Gzuschick Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    We're all in this boat with you. I just have to slow my thoughts down and take it one day at a time or else I get frustrated that it's not coming off as fast as I want. Visuals like your spread sheet are great. Stickers and marking calendar days each time you have a successful day is also a great way to keep the motivation too. So proud of you in making this choice!
  • Princesail
    Princesail Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!

In the beginning I was counting macros, trying to be low carb, and doing a lot of aerobic. But the lack of carbs left me feeling tired, and the aerobic was helping me lose weight but was losing muscle too. All while intermittent fasting. So some things I'm going to change, protein right before I go to bed, not be so worried about carbs but make sure the carbs I do get are complex and fiborous but still try and stay between 100-200 grams, focus more on tearing muscle fibers than aerobic activity as building lean muscle mass will aid in burning calories.
  • theabsentmindednurse
    Options
    Wow.
    Firstly. Well done on the weight loss. Excellent work. That is amazing.
    Loving the enthusiasm and focus (and the spreadsheet). Lol :D:D

With that said, have you taken into account in your calculations, the weight gains, the plateaus, and the days where it all just gets a bit too tough?
    THIS JOURNEY ISN'T LINEAR!
    It is forwards, backwards and standstills.

For so many of us, we have very large amounts of weight to lose. It can take months, sometimes years. Every individual is different.

Use this journey as a time to learn, to grow, to get healthy and understand it will take as long as it needs to, but with determination and focus you will achieve a healthier new you.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Princesail wrote: »
    Thanks guys!

In the beginning I was counting macros, trying to be low carb, and doing a lot of aerobic. But the lack of carbs left me feeling tired, and the aerobic was helping me lose weight but was losing muscle too. All while intermittent fasting. So some things I'm going to change, protein right before I go to bed, not be so worried about carbs but make sure the carbs I do get are complex and fiborous but still try and stay between 100-200 grams, focus more on tearing muscle fibers than aerobic activity as building lean muscle mass will aid in burning calories.

how were you measuring that you were losing muscle?