Hi, I'm brand spanking new

Hi,

I just joined the site today, the first day of what I hope will be a successful diet. Though I've said that before :)

I have very large weightloss goals. Basically, I'm aiming to lose over half my body weight, which seems incredibly daunting. Mostly, I want to get in better shape, and know that I'm going to feel better. I want to improve my blood pressure and lower my risks of cancer and diabetes.

And, let's be honest, I really want to be able to pull of spaghetti straps and mini skirts :)

So, wish me luck! And good luck to all of you!

Replies

• girlaskew12
    girlaskew12 Posts: 14 Member
    Hi,

I just joined the site today, the first day of what I hope will be a successful diet. Though I've said that before :)

I have very large weightloss goals. Basically, I'm aiming to lose over half my body weight, which seems incredibly daunting. Mostly, I want to get in better shape, and know that I'm going to feel better. I want to improve my blood pressure and lower my risks of cancer and diabetes.

And, let's be honest, I really want to be able to pull of spaghetti straps and mini skirts :)

So, wish me luck! And good luck to all of you!
  • csp1212
    csp1212 Posts: 1 Member
    good luck to you! and to all of us.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,937 Member
    girlaskew12,

YOU can do this! Stay with this site and record every bite. Eat the extra calories you will earn by exercise.

I find that it helps to keep my mind focused on just this week (just this day, just this meal) and not look into the future too far. I just want to lose 2 pounds this week - a healthy goal. Setting a long term goal is great! Don't get me wrong. But smaller steps lead to bigger success.

We are here for you,

~Cheryl
  • y300210
    y300210 Posts: 11
    Hi there
    I too started today - - I am ready to go now - I lhave recently lost my 50 pounds in 15 weeks but it was not a healthy way and I can do it any longer, I need to program myself to relearn proper eating habits so that I can lose my last 20 and keep it off, so now I am continuing once again - I must say, they are all true when they say nothing feels as good as being thin - it feels good to be in better health and better shape - I am excited about losing the rest of the weight - I too would love mini skirts but not too flattering at my age!!