2 weeks no weight loss

Options
Im so fed up has any one else had weeks where theyve not lost and are eating the right things. Im so frustrated. I know im not gaining but i want to loose :(

Replies

• GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by the "right things". Are you in a calorie deficit? How are you measuring what you eat/burn?
  • PennStateChick
    PennStateChick Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Weight loss isn't linear. You aren't going to see a loss a loss every day or even every week - but that doesn't mean that you aren't making a difference. How often do you weigh yourself?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by the "right things". Are you in a calorie deficit? How are you measuring what you eat/burn?

This^

Calorie deficit drives weight loss. The "right things" can help you stay on track (are often filling) and help you be healthy. But they can also be as many calories as you were already consuming.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    tigz4 wrote: »
    Im so fed up has any one else had weeks where theyve not lost and are eating the right things. Im so frustrated. I know im not gaining but i want to loose :(

When I was losing, the scale only moved every 3 weeks. It averaged out to what I wanted it to be though.
  • RamboKitty87
    RamboKitty87 Posts: 272 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Hey, I'm really not an expert at all but this has happened to me before, I did well all week, weighed everything and logged everything but I put on 2 lb instead of losing and it turned out it was due to T.O.M bloating and water retention, I will say I have had some problems with my digestive system due to health reasons which has been a main cause for me not losing or even gaining before..
    Make sure that your weighing and logging everything even mints and possibly alter your calories in and out and see if that makes a difference (give it a week or 2 to see), also make sure your logging food accurately this website is made up of user entries so you cannot guarantee them to be correct, check packets to compare etc but yeah sometimes if I find I have put on weight or not lost I wait a day or 2 and check again just to make sure its not water retention or if your a little backed up down there it can cause problems also...

1 thing I will say though lightheartedly is that I peeked at your diary and saw yesterday (Thursday 7th September) lol
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    If you want to lose you need to eat at a calorie deficit. "Right things" means absolutely nothing.
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Open your diary, give us your stats and you'll receive very helpful advice.
  • Mkneedtogetfit
    Mkneedtogetfit Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat! 3 weeks and only lost 600g. I am surely eating below my calorie target. However, I measured myself and I had lost inches. Have you measured yourself?
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    Options
    Eaten at 1100 calories a day all week (saving up for curry blowout tonight) and gradually gained 2lb through the week. Ugh, ovulation time. It'll come off next week (along with the extra water weight due to my sodium-high curry tonight). Have patience and trust in the process.
  • Rooskie73
    Rooskie73 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    tigz4, I can definitely relate! I "restarted" my journey the end of June when I joined a local gym. Have stayed below my calorie level all but a couple of days. I eat back half of my exercise calories at most. I have bounced up and down the same 4 pounds since June. It does get frustrating, but I know that I am stronger, healthier, and clothes are fitting better. Just wish the scales would move downward with no upward movement.

Hang in there!!
  • RogersRichard
    RogersRichard Posts: 1 Member
    Options

You might not losing weight but are you losing inches? If you are losing inches thats all that matters the weight will eventually come off.
  • kq1981
    kq1981 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    6 weeks no scale movement after 14.5kg loss ATM. Have been on this journey since feb. if I'm honest with myself I know I've become lazy with counting. I'm not weighing like I did, but that's ok. I'll get back into it this week. Are u weighing foods? Being 100% honest when logging? Its not just about "healthy eating". If you want to loose weight it's ALWAYS calorie in calorie out. You've got this, keep going :)
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options

what are the "right things" you have been doing??
  • brznhabits
    brznhabits Posts: 126 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    If you are logging your food correctly and estimating your TDEE/RMR (whatever you use) appropriate, two weeks is nothing. I just went six weeks with no loss and then bam dropped 5 lbs.
  • jaci66
    jaci66 Posts: 139 Member
    Options

Don't be a slave to the scale. When I first started losing weight, so to speak, before MFP, I wasn't losing the weight, but I was tightening my belt and my clothes were a bit looser on me. The scale will catch up to what you are doing.

Be sure you are weighing your foods accurately and logging consistently. Everything you eat needs to be logged. Good or bad. Doesn't matter. CICO - your Calories In need to be less than your Calories Out.