Calories don't lie.

Options
Hi, I'm new to myfitnesspal. Have been on WW for years but it is not working for me anymore. Too many "free" fruits and veggies that eventual add up and slow/stop weight loss. SO I will start tracking calories. This site is easy to use and even fun. Looking forward to getting back on track!

Replies

• DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I've been successful using this site - I'm sure you will be, too! Welcome aboard!
  • TDurdenFC
    TDurdenFC Posts: 7 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Welcome! I also tried WW, problem with those programs is typically we are all different! Definitely didn't work for me! I tried counting calories as well but I found my body responded best to low carb/high fat! It's a trial and error process isn't it?? Good luck on your journey! You can do it! :smile:
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    WW is a good start for people to become mindful about the foods they're eating. As you start needing to dial it in, tracking calories does help, even if it's for a while just to become more aware about how much an actual serving of food is and the estimated calorie value it holds.
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I do both. It works for me. Good luck to you :).
  • JRSINAZ
    JRSINAZ Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    My dietician recommended MFP years ago as I used to use another website. I have a digital scale. I weigh everything to keep count. I use recipe builder when I batch cook. Bar code scanner is a nice feature.