New mom looking for new mom friends

Options

Replies

• heather4life4
    heather4life4 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Not a new mom but a mom of 2. My kids are 7 years apart, so i lost the weight from my first and then got pregnant again. Still have about 25lbs i'd like to get rid of. Keep going ladies, you can accomplish your goals!
    Feel free to add me, would love other moms to communicate with and ideas to keep me on track too! Life is busy and so a great support group is wonderful to have.
  • artbyrachelh
    artbyrachelh Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Kathleen, I'd like a link to the challenge, please. I saw the thread about it but couldn't find the group. Thanks! And I'm so happy to find this thread because I want to request friends with all you all! Baby #6 turned 8 months yesterday
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I'm not a new mom per say, my daughter just turned 2.. but I'm a mom none the less! I started at 155lb (in Dec) and am down to 130lb, which is 9lb less than I was when I got pregnant! So I am pretty happy with how things have been going! I have 2lb left til my goal weight, it feels like I'm never going to get there! You can add me if you'd like :)
  • kathleenford04
    kathleenford04 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Kathleen, I'd like a link to the challenge, please. I saw the thread about it but couldn't find the group. Thanks! And I'm so happy to find this thread because I want to request friends with all you all! Baby #6 turned 8 months yesterday

I can't seem to copy a link on the app. The going to "Community" and then searching "12 Week New Mama Challenge."

• kathleenford04
    kathleenford04 Posts: 128 Member
    Options

I can't seem to copy a link on the app. The going to "Community" and then searching "12 Week New Mama Challenge."

***Oops, it's actually "New Mama 12 Week Challenge"
  • rcervetto
    rcervetto Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm 4.5 months postpartum and would love some new mom friends and accountability as well. I agree it's tough balancing breastfeeding and wanting to keep up supply and energy but also lose weight. I'm back at pre-pregnancy weight, only gained about 25 pounds and had been on a health kick prior to getting pregnant where I lost 20 pounds, but still have about 40 pounds to go to my goal weight. Currently doing a whole 30.
  • smontes16
    smontes16 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hey there! My little one is 13 weeks! I am about 12 lbs from my pre pregnancy weight. I feel like I am at a plateau-breastfeeding has my appetite all over the place! I just need to start logging again!
  • clmayo87
    clmayo87 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am a single mom of 4 girls. My newest being 14 month old twins. I was 246 pre baby and am now 336. I need help. So I'm trying this. I need support from other mother'sfighting this weight battle. I would love to connect with a few of you
  • AnnieM_C
    AnnieM_C Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 6 weeks postpartum (c-section) and ready to lose the weight. Have about 45 lbs to lose. Will do light cardio for now so looking for other mamas. Feel free to add me!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Not that you asked, but when I was breastfeeding, I set my goal to maintain my current weight and didn't log any breastfeeding "exercise". I lost weight very easily. Perks of breastfeeding!
  • lolliebradshaw82
    Options
    Not a new mum, my youngest is now 14 months old. I've been suffering with postnatal depression and only just feel ready to tackle what feels like a massive 70lbs weight gain. Feel free to add me, I need some motivation and support as well x
  • sumisulai
    sumisulai Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    kat please add me as well im a new momy❤️ 6 months post partum currnlty in a low carb diet
  • fujiko
    fujiko Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm 3 months post partum with a preemie, but gained enough during my short prgnancy anyway. Am trying to lose 40 odd pounds... Feel free to add me!
  • Rosiev2014
    Rosiev2014 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm a mum to 3. 30lbs down but 40 more to go! Fitness blender...have heard this mentioned a few times recently...would love to give it a go! Add me!
  • PJ100LBGOAL
    PJ100LBGOAL Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Im a mom of 3- 12,6, and 2. Looking to have my 4th soon but really need to lose some weight first as being obese and pregnant is rough! I have at least 100lbs to lose. Im 30, and a stay at home mom, would like some friends!
  • lightbulb137
    lightbulb137 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm 6 months post-partum, dieting for 5 of them. I lost the 15 lbs I gained from pregnancy and now I'm trying to lose the additional 15 lbs I was working on when I got pregnant! I'm still about 10 lbs from my goal.

As hesn92 said above, I'm basically eating non-breastfeeding maintenance calories and letting the breastfeeding calorie deficit drive the weight loss. Now that my baby boy is starting solids and I'm not pumping so much, I'll need to cut calories more and it'd be great to have other mom mfp friends as I go!
  • alirae1125
    alirae1125 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello there! My name is Ali. I am currently 9 weeks postpartum and have about 45 lbs to lose as well! Good luck to you!
  • FabulousGG
    FabulousGG Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me I'm barely 3 weeks post partum starting to watch what I'm eating will start exercising once I get cleared ☺
  • LizC7nine
    LizC7nine Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm not a new mom, but I am a first time mom of a 13 month old. Feel free to add me. I'm trying to get back on track.
  • Cherzeen
    Cherzeen Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I had my baby 10 weeks ago. I have 113 pounds to lose. I gained 41 during my pregnancy. Add me.