All natural cake/sweets?

Options
NeuroticVirgo
NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
Anyone have any recipes for any sweets that don't use anything processed (like no flour, no sugar) that would be good for someones birthday?

Replies

• billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Why??? Its a birthday. celebrate. Maybe try a cake alternative?
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Fruit salad.
  • nicothepotato
    nicothepotato Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Maybe some kind of not very sweet custard? I'm curious if you'll get a good recipe.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I tried googling around and the most I could find was some paleo recipes. But I was hoping for something with not quite so much odd ingredients....like stuff I could pick up at walmart or something. lol

Or like I was thinking something along the lines of this....but doesn't chocolate & vanilla extract count as a processed food?

Chocolate-Cake-small-300x258.jpg

BANANA PALEO CHOCOLATE CAKE

Ingredients:

1/2 cup of oil (coconut preferrably) or unsweetened apple sauce
    1/4 cup of honey (not recommended – rather – use really really really ripe bananas!)
    2 eggs
    1 cup almond meal/flour
    1/2 cup cocoa powder
    3 bananas mashed

Prepare:

Pre heat oven to 350 degrees F
    Mix oil (honey if using) and eggs in a large bowl until light an d fluffy.
    Add almond meal, cocoa powder and bananas
    Mix well.
    Line a cake tin with baking paper and pour in banana mixture
    Bake for somewhere between 25 and 45 minutes, or until the toothpick test comes out clean!
    Store the cake in the refrigerator. Good served with fruite and/or a little almond butter, or with Frosting recipe below!

CHOCOLATE FROSTING:

Ingredients:

1 cup dark chocolate (73%)
    1/2 cup coconut oil or better yet, coconut butter
    2 Tbsp honey
    1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
    pinch of sea salt

Prepare:

In a small saucepan over very low heat, melt chocolate and coconut oil/butter
    Stir in honey, vanilla and salt
    Place frostin gin freezer for 15 minutes to chill and thicken
    Remove from freezer and whip frosting with a hand blender until it’s thick and fluffy
    Frost over cake, cookies or cupcakes!
  • emmoon
    emmoon Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I recently saw a recipe for Halva balls.
    2 cups (700g) honey
    2 cups (340g) tahini (hulled)
    optional ½ cup dry roasted almonds (roughly copped)
    roasted sesame seeds to roll in.
    Mix honey and tahini together, aim for smooth consistency, toss through chopped almonds.

Then roll into little balls, and give them one roll in the roasted sesame seeds!

Then whack them in the fridge and let them set. These are a great pressie and they last for ages1

I should credit the website: http://www.everydaygourmet.tv/recipes/169
  • nicothepotato
    nicothepotato Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Oh oh, I forgot about my own recipe! My blog knockoutknicko.blogspot.com has a recipe for black bean strawberry brownies. They came out a little dry so I would throw an egg in there if I were you. I don't know if chocolate counts as processed.
  • dseig001
    dseig001 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Why does it matter? Psillocybin mushrooms are natural/unprocessed, and they aren't exactly good for you...
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Who's birthday is this by the way?
  • SammySweetheart
    Options
    Bump
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Look up some recipes for raw vegan sweets. Many of them use things like nuts and dates to replicate the taste/texture of flour and sugar. There are some delicious "cookie dough" type recipes out there.

Here are two websites that have some delicious healthy (vegan mostly) recipes:

http://ohsheglows.com/
    http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/
  • Pattywack74
    Options
    Bump
  • Mande_G
    Mande_G Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Bump (very interested in these recipes! Sorry I don't have anything helpful to add at the moment.)
  • MsLilly200
    MsLilly200 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    There's banana ice cream.

Just peel and chop a few bananas, freeze them during the night and then put them in a food proccecor til they're ice cream textured...
    You can also add cacao, but I dunno if you'd consider that proccessed.

Also frozen peaches are wonderful. Just put them on a stick and in the freezer. I've also had pineapple like this, but I didn't really like it...