Encourage me not to eat everything in sight right now!

Options
Argh! I'm stuck at work and I'm starving! I work in a hotel, so we have a vending machine and breakfast items, but I'm struggling to find a good snack. I already had a yogurt and a banana and it just isn't cutting it. I know I'm going to have a high calorie day tomorrow so I don't want to eat too much today. I'm really just grumpy and struggling with hunger right now.

Replies

• fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    All I can do is say to try to find something with nuts, and log it. I bring one Cliff builder protein bar to work and that gets me through the day feeling very full. It has 20 gm protein, tastes pretty good, is in expensive at Cost co by the box, and I nibble it before and after lunch.
  • Danimri84
    Danimri84 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I usually come to work much more prepared, but it was a crazy day. Nothing with nuts available, but I got a granola bar and I'll sip a cup of coffee and hopefully that will curb my appetite. I really didn't want to consume any more calories today but I guess I have to.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    It's OK. In the big scheme of things a few hundred calories don't matter. You just don't want it to be a few thousand calories.
  • thechiopodist
    thechiopodist Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I motivate myself by being determined NEVER to end the day over my calorie allocation. If you are really hungry again, (I realise I'm too late for this last crisis,) then eat something healthy, but then do some excersize to use it up. If you work in a hotel you probably walk a lot, turn on map my walk and earn back the calories as you work!
  • skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Try to fill up with water additionally. It sometimes helps to silence the worst feeling go hunger. Of course it also increases the need for bathroom breaks, which can be counterproductive on a crazy day.