Easy proteins?

Options
I've only been tracking my macros recently and I noticed that while I can keep my carbs under control I always seem to overshoot fat and under protein. What are your go-to easy LEAN proteins?

Replies

• LadyLeaAZ
    LadyLeaAZ Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Jerky has a lot of protein. Sodium kind of high though.
  • French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    0% Greek yogurt, lowest cottage cheese, chicken breast, pork tenderloin, tuna, shrimp, lobster.

Actually lobster isn't easy, but it IS delicious.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,884 Member
    Options
    Try this thread (below), which links to a spreadsheet that lists many, many foods in order by protein efficiency - most protein for fewest calories. Fund snack-worthy things on the list that you enjoy, and eat more of them! ;)

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10247171/carbs-and-fats-are-cheap-heres-a-guide-to-getting-your-proteins-worth-fiber-also
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Lean proteins? Tuna, Turkey, Chicken breast.
  • Calichusetts
    Calichusetts Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast. Garlic powder, pepper. 35 minutes in the oven at 350. Delicious. Easy. Healthy.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Boiled eggs. I boil several every Sunday or Monday and keep them in the fridge.

I also keep tuna in water around- or those flavored packets of tuna.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,991 Member
    Options
    LadyLeaAZ wrote: »
    Jerky has a lot of protein. Sodium kind of high though.

Also extremely expensive unless you make it yourself which isn't that hard to do.
  • PunkerGin
    PunkerGin Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Tofu and Broccoli dish.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Protein powder. I combine mine with a cup of high protein skim milk and some ice cubes, wizz with my stick blender, and bam! Delicious milkshake with 34g protein, 13g of carbs and 2g of fat for a mere 200 calories.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Maybe your macros as incorrectly set, and your idea of easy isn't effective. I get enough protein through naturally fatty protein sources - meat, fish, dairy, nuts. Beans, too, and even grains, has a decent amount of protein - it all adds up.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    It's o.k. to overshoot fat. Perhaps reduce fruit to fit in more protein.
    Suggestions for protein: canned salmon or tuna, small steak or pork chop, tofu, peas, black beans, bacon, eggs, chicken, lentils, dairy, nuts and seeds, grains,
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    I've only been tracking my macros recently and I noticed that while I can keep my carbs under control I always seem to overshoot fat and under protein. What are your go-to easy LEAN proteins?

What is your protein goal?

• Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    Nothing is easier protein than a protein drink.
    But also, chicken, tuna, eggs, yogurt.