Spreading cals across the week

Options
Does anyone else do this? If so what are your results?
My daily cal goal is 1300 so x 7 is 9100
I am looking at doing two days at 750
Then the remaining five at 1520.

Replies

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    That's perfectly okay if it makes dieting easier for you. If it makes dieting harder and leads to difficulty in controlling your calories then it's not the best plan. Try and see how it works for you, but remember if you're exercising you will also get extra calories to play with.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    That sounds a lot like 5:2, which is working well for a lot of people. Just make sure 1300 is right for you. What's your height and weight?
  • KateD0707
    KateD0707 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Sometimes on a Monday I don't feel like eating much and I often feel good if I have a lower day eating.
    My stats are 5ft 4 SW 187 CW 147 female
    Desk job
    Exercise 3 times a week across strength and cardio
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I did 5:2 to lose weight (5 days at maintenance, 2 days 600 cals).
    Plenty of people eat lower during the week to have a higher allowance at the weekend.

Having a weekly view of your calorie allowance is fine but do remember that your daily goal is 1300 + exercise calories when you are working out your numbers.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Sounds like this will be a good plan for you. Have to echo PP, eat back exercise calories (MFP is designed that way) but only 75% of them (MFP also has some inflated values for exercise).
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    Plenty of people eat lower during the week to have a higher allowance at the weekend.

Having a weekly view of your calorie allowance is fine but do remember that your daily goal is 1300 + exercise calories when you are working out your numbers.

Perhaps exercise calories could be "banked" for the weekend to make one or two "high" cal days? It would give wriggle room for more flexibility...

• VeggieBarbells
    VeggieBarbells Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Yes I do that when working out loads. On big lift days I know I'll eat more, than say a rest day for example. I think weekly cals keeps you from going mad and beating yourself up about going over on a single day.
  • KateD0707
    KateD0707 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »

Perhaps exercise calories could be "banked" for the weekend to make one or two "high" cal days? It would give wriggle room for more flexibility...

I like the idea of banking exercise cals for the weekend! Two slightly higher days followed by a lower intake on Mondays would probably work well.
  • Annabelx1985
    Annabelx1985 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    If i know I have a big weekend I always save kcal in the week to make up for it. It's never affected my weight loss results. Xx