September Whole30

Options
dehh68
dehh68 Posts: 3 Member
I'm on day 2 of my very first Whole30. I would love to connect with some fellow Whole30-ers for this monthly challenge.

Replies

• rcervetto
    rcervetto Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I am also doing a Whole30, started on 9/4. This is my second one, did my first mid-May to mid-June 2016. I'd be happy to connect and share ideas, motivation, etc. :)
  • cindytree
    cindytree Posts: 3 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I first did Whole30 at the recommendation of my naturopathic doctor. I did it for 6 months straight, lost 42 pounds, am no longer pre-diabetic, and my total cholesterol went from 292 to 208. This is the only eating plan that has ever worked for me as far as weight loss and improving health issues. With the reintroduction of foods, I discovered that dairy and grains (especially breads) are bad for me, which came as a big surprise. So yeah, that means no pizza (my favorite food on the planet! lol) unless I'm willing to face the consequence of being ill the following week (digestive issues, joint pain, headaches).

I plan on doing another strict round in October, but honestly, probably 80% of my meals are Whole30 when I'm not officially doing a round.
  • annemmaier
    annemmaier Posts: 4 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Started my second whole30 on September 18th and going good so far. First on was back in 2015. Needed a re-set and break my sugar dependency.
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I am starting Whole30 on October 16th... I have been eating healthy for 9 months now lost 70+lbs but having the hardest time trying to get rid of the last 20 or so. A friend of mine recommended this program, not as a way to lose weight, but as a way to reset my focus. I have down loaded a bazillion recipes but them in a binder listed breakfast lunch dinner snacks LOL I am debating getting the book as I have also found a lot of info on the internet about the program. Those that have been doing it, do you recommend reading the book? Would love to add some friends for support on this program. Feel free to add me! Thanks! Kelly