No Calorie Food

Options
BrendaJoyce
BrendaJoyce Posts: 2 Member
I have found that romaine lettuce and celery are your best bet, they are not zero calories, but can be very filling and celery is almost a negative calorie. I especially like the uncured hot dogs one on two large leaves of Romaine with a little mustard just rinse the hot dog have it cold crunchy delicious and filling low calorie.

Replies

• uniquekimjackson1
    Options
    I used to find that marmite in celery is yum and no calories..
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options

I am usually never one to knock it before I tried it, but I'd be hard pressed on this one lol, and my taste buds have been pretty desperate before. But hey I never thought peanut butter and pickle sandwiches would be good either,so maybe I should give this a go ;)
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options

I am usually never one to knock it before I tried it, but I'd be hard pressed on this one lol, and my taste buds have been pretty desperate before. But hey I never thought peanut butter and pickle sandwiches would be good either,so maybe I should give this a go ;)

I have Vegemite on celery... Pretty much the same thing! I also add cheese.

OP, There are no negative calorie foods though...even foods with a "no calorie" label have calories.
  • Katzedernacht
    Katzedernacht Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Water is calorie free.
    Negative calories? If that was true... It'd be awesome! But no.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Just wait till you discover the negative calorie food. Means, you eat it and you burn more calories eating them, than what they actually contain :)

:laugh: good one!
  • ljashley1952
    ljashley1952 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    While there are no true negative calorie foods, there are things you can eat that will actually burn more in calories in the process of digestion than they contain.

• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    While there are no true negative calorie foods, there are things you can eat that will actually burn more in calories in the process of digestion than they contain.

Unfortunately this is not true.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options

Actually, this isn't true...this would represent a TEF of over 100% and there is no food with 100% TEF. Protein has the highest TEF at 30%. Not that it particularly matters, celery is pretty negligible calories.
  • mystiqgoal
    mystiqgoal Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Just wait till you discover the negative calorie food. Means, you eat it and you burn more calories eating them, than what they actually contain :)

This means we can have a feast, eat as much we want? Food where are you? <3B)

freedomhill_corrected_fork-1024x683.jpg
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,556 Member
    Options
    Look up Thermic effect of Food. This is already accounted for, yet there are many who promote "negative calorie foods" that have no idea it exists.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • DerekMcM
    DerekMcM Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Water is calorie free.
    Negative calories? If that was true... It'd be awesome! But no.

Consuming ice water is actually negative calories. Your body warms the water up to 98.6 degrees and this requires energy. But, this will only burn 7-9 calories per 8 oz of ice water. Which is nothing really.