will i burn fat and lose weight?

Options
NerdTurd
NerdTurd Posts: 15 Member
edited September 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
I found a diet which works for me but i don't know if it will help me lose weight. i only eat 4 times a day because i have an unhealthy relationship with food, if i eat more than 4 times a day i either feel sick (because i will be eating when i am not hungry) or i go on a binge because i over eat more than i feel i need to and start craving junk food.
anyway here is my typical daily diet i may change what i use in my omelettes for example spinach etc etc
it adds up to 1,070-1100cals daily
Breakfast (8-9am)
2 egg Mushroom omelette with a small pot of mayo

Lunch (12pm)
2 egg mushroom and courgette omelette with a small pot of mayo

Snack (either after lunch or after dinner)
Small bowl of greek yogurt (two tablespoons Max)

Dinner (4-5pm)
1 small cup rice, 1 small cup chicken and handful of mixed veg with chicken gravy or small pot of mayo

Exercise
4-5 times a week for 30mins to 1h depending on the workout

I'm 25. 5ft' 1 at 187lbs
i would like to lose 50-65lbs

would i lose weight with this diet and exercise?

Replies

• scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    If the calories for all your foods comes within your calorie goal set by MFP then yes in theory you should lose weight.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    It depends.
    1) How many calories is this?
    2) How long will you stick to this?

Do you know how weight loss (and gain) works?
    Do you have someone to talk to about your worries?
  • NerdTurd
    Options
    I don't want to change my relationship with food that ISN'T my question....

also for those that wondered i updated how many calories this is daily
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    You lose weight eating at a deficit. However you also need to meet a minimum number of calories to be healthy. I don't even know how you measure a cup of chicken - so there's going to be a large margin of error in your calorie count. I couldn't eat such a boring diet everyday but if it works for you....
  • NerdTurd
    Options
    You lose weight eating at a deficit. However you also need to meet a minimum number of calories to be healthy. I don't even know how you measure a cup of chicken - so there's going to be a large margin of error in your calorie count. I couldn't eat such a boring diet everyday but if it works for you....

2 chicken breast chopped into thin slices. it can be boring but it keeps me from going on a junk food binge. i always change things up sometimes but this is just what my typical daily diet looks like without those changes
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Yup you will almost certainly lose weight eating that much but you should aim to eat about 1200 kcal a day minimum as otherwise you will probably start feeling tired and rubbish, and want to binge. So add in a bit extra and you'll be good.
  • ZoneFive
    ZoneFive Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Will you lose weight? Probably.
    Will you "burn" fat? Probably. You'll also lose muscle while you're at it.
    How long do you want this diet to work for you?
  • NerdTurd
    Options
    Someone said 1200 cals would be good.. i will try add in another snack during the day. maybe some pate on a cracker, maybe a can of soup. just something to up my calories a bit more.
    it seems that on 1000-1100 i would lose weight but according to most of you i would gain it all back, within a few months or so?
    i will def take this into account thanks
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Your BMR is around 1500.

Add in more variety, there is very little veg or fruit in there.

How are you planning to get your iron etc?
  • NerdTurd
    Options
    Your BMR is around 1500.

hmmm you have a point i will def try add more nutrient filled stuff to my food throughout the day. i will try hit 1200-1300 i can't eat more i will feel Ill.
    I used to eat 1500 and my IBS would go crazy, bloating got bad and i would feel groggy and sick
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Also, beware of egg farts. That many, day after day, will give you super-stinky gas. :grimace:
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    NerdTurd wrote: »
    Your BMR is around 1500.

hmmm you have a point i will def try add more nutrient filled stuff to my food throughout the day. i will try hit 1200-1300 i can't eat more i will feel Ill.
    I used to eat 1500 and my IBS would go crazy, bloating got bad and i would feel groggy and sick

Have you talked to your GI doctor about how you feel after eating more than 1200 calories? He or she might be able to give you some suggestions or refer you to a dietitian that specializes in gastrointestinal issues

• Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    NerdTurd wrote: »
    Your BMR is around 1500.

You must have been eating more than 1200-1300 for quite some time or you wouldn't be wanting to lose 50+lbs. You can do it.

Perhaps you were eating too much of the wrong kinds of foods if you had IBS pains? IBS can be triggered by many things (e.g. dairy, high fat, high sugar, some vegetables) so you might need to try to identify what makes it worse for you. As the others have already said, you really do need to eat more than you are.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing that it wasn't 1500 that was causing your ibs issues. You were probably eating some trigger foods.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    In order to eat a 1200 calorie diet and get all the nutrition you need, you have to be pretty careful with your choices. There's no fruit here, no vegetables to speak of. Most of your calories seem to come from mayonnaise. The only grain is white rice. You can lose weight this way, but it's not a great diet. With your IBS issues it might be a good idea to work with a professional and see if they can help you come up with something that will work for you and make you feel better.
  • Wiggymommy
    Wiggymommy Posts: 106 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I'm 5'1. Started out in 2015 at like a bit over 200. I kept to the same foods and it has never led to an unhealthy relationship with food. I do protein shakes, egg whites and lots of salads with veggies. I hit all my nutrients and get tons of fiber too. You can stay low calorie and get all the good stuff too. I know it's hard for us shorties but we just got to really pin down a good diet.
  • NerdTurd
    Options
    In order to eat a 1200 calorie diet and get all the nutrition you need, you have to be pretty careful with your choices. There's no fruit here, no vegetables to speak of. Most of your calories seem to come from mayonnaise. The only grain is white rice. You can lose weight this way, but it's not a great diet. With your IBS issues it might be a good idea to work with a professional and see if they can help you come up with something that will work for you and make you feel better.

no vegetables? I said that my diet includes vegetables..
    courgettes,spinach and "mixed veg" which consists of broccoli, cauliflower or green beans and carrots..

I will take note and start adding strawberries and pomegranate to my greek yogurt. those are the only fruit i like and if you think they are mandatory it can't harm adding them.

With all these suggestions i have a pretty good idea of what i need to do..
    and to my surprise there are no troll replies which i usually get on this site for some reason.
    appreciate all the help everyone has given me =)