Types of Calories.

Options
Will I see the same results eating 1200 calories of unhealthy food vs 1200 calories of healthy food daily ?

Replies

• LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon! Great first post! Excellent question. Please define the following first:

1. Unhealthy Food
    2. Healthy Food

No, I promise that I am not being facetious. Honest! :smile:
  • shaunshaikh
    shaunshaikh Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    You will lose weight if you have a calorie deficit, period. However, different diets will deliver different nutrients you need for strong bones, good eye sight, etc. Also, different foods may make it easier to maintain a calorie deficit without feeling hungry. For example, try to eat 2000 calories a day of nothing but lean protein and vegetables. It is HARD. Protein, fiber, fat all digest slowly and help you feel fuller longer. At the end of the day, we all need to commit to diets that represent a sustainable lifestyle if we don't want to go through continuous yo yo ing, so I don't blame anyone for eating food that others might find "unhealthy" as long as they are logging religiously and maintaining a deficit.
  • LaReinaDeCorazones
    Options
    You will lose the same amount of weight eating 1200 calories of twinkies every day as opposed to eating 1200 calories of meat and veggies, as long as those are the only calories you are taking in. Yes, you might end up feeling like crap eating only twinkies BUT you weight will go down.