What do you use during workouts?

Options
Just wanted to see what apps/Programs/etc, people are using to track calories burned during workouts. I've been using the Polar watch/band, but that band can get super uncomfortable!! If there is something else out there, that's accurate and comfortable to wear, I'd love to know...thank you!

Replies

• firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I've got a Garmin fr35 on one wrist and a fitbit flex 2 on the other. Seriously I only use the fitbit because it links with sites that reward steps and has paid for itself.

I use the fr35 to track my activities including runs and while it seems a lot more conservative than the fitbit surge it replaced it also seems far more realistic. The surge would give me a 450 Calorie burn for 45 min zumba while the fr35 gives 300 for an extra bouncy class.
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    None tbh. I underestimate and that's it.
  • zjpq
    zjpq Posts: 198 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I have a fitbit for steps and a hrm with chest strap for workouts
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit Surge. I workout pretty hard. However, I only eat a portion of the workout cals if at all. So far, so good :) .
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,861 Member
    Options
    Strava ... and my own estimates.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I just use a phone app to track my fitness walking/running miles. I've never used any fitness gadgets.

Underestimating worked well for me losing and keeping it off, so I figure if it isn't broke...
  • susanp57
    susanp57 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I use a bluetooth HRM strap that connects to my phone. I use Endomondo on my phone because it can track a variety of activities and links to MFP. Anything is going to be an educated guess anyway.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    Wahoo fitness chest HRM.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    For the last two years I used an Apple Watch. As of two days ago, I use a Garmin 935. Both paired to a Scosche Rhythm+ HRM band. And a Garmin 520 on my bike.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    Garmin 500 bike computer.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    A power meter. I measure torque vector and angular velocity at the pedals.
  • R_is_for_Rachel
    R_is_for_Rachel Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    i'm lucky that my gym is a mywellness gym so you have a key and it logs the calories for you! love it
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Apple Watch works for me.
  • JustRobby1
    JustRobby1 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Most of my exercise consists of running. Other than my FitBit, I have just recently in the last couple of months started using an iOS app called iSmoothRun and I love it. I like the functionality of being able to configure intervals or drop in striders mid run. Since the app is geared specifically towards runners, I find it much more intuitive as far as logging my training schedule, miles, and just last week I started a shoe rotation and it's now tracking wear on them also. It's got a ton of cool features to geek out on my running metrics to my hearts content.
  • Sunshynez21
    Sunshynez21 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the insight!!! I definitely agree underestimating calories burned is a good school of thought to have. I need to do some research on all these gadgets now!! I really appreciate the info ❤