Abs after C-section...where did they go?! (Edited)

Options
Sorry...first post cut off my question! It's been a while since I've logged into MFP, but in starting up again, I have one quick question that can hopefully be answered - I've had two C-sections and had a cyst removed, so my abs feel like jelly now lol! I've been doing some core/ab exercises, but feel like I'm not getting anywhere. Maybe I'm impatient, but I would love to hear from other post C-section members who have had success with toning back up their abs!!! Not looking for a 6-pack, just want to try and get them toned (and be able to wear dresses without spanx!)

Replies

• JamieAmble
    JamieAmble Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. My obliques look great but that pooch... not so much... ugggg
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    See a physio. Your abdominal muscles may be damaged from the pregnancy or the cesareans.

They may be able to give you specific exercises to repair them.
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    How long has it been since your last surgery? It can take months for the muscles and soft tissues to fully heal.
  • Sunshynez21
    Sunshynez21 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    It's been over a year, but I feel like they should have more "oomf" than they do. I see my OB next week, so I may see what insight he has. Also, not sure if it makes a difference, but I have a classic insicion (Vertical) and not the traditional horizontal.