Waist Trainers

Options
do any of you use waist trainers while you work out or any other time? I wear a waist trainer either when I'm working out(2 hours) or when I got to bed (for 8+ hours). Have any of you found success with these?

Replies

• Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    No.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    do any of you use waist trainers while you work out or any other time? I wear a waist trainer either when I'm working out(2 hours) or when I got to bed (for 8+ hours). Have any of you found success with these?

lol. no and no.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Like others have said... If your goals are possibly dangerous organ rearrangement and core weakening then look into it. Otherwise stay away. What you want from them isn't going to happen.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    No, I've got a pretty good *kitten*-detector.
  • BPRKEY
    BPRKEY Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I literally can't even with Spanx after a few hours.
  • counting_kilojoules
    Options
    Honestly, from what I can see via google, most waist trainers aren't reducing the waist by much, if at all. They're more like spanx than a corset so organ displacement isn't a factor. Even if it was, whilst organ displacement sounds horrific your body is quite capable of it as it's necessary during pregnancy. Whether it's safe long term has never been studied. A lot of the warnings against corseting come from the Victorian era and aren't scientific at all, modern medicine hasn't looked at the effects of corseting presumably because there aren't many people that do it for long periods.

And those do nothing for your waist. Remove it and minutes later your waist is the way it was before you put it on. So why spend the money?

Agreed. I wouldn't bother. It seems like another fad designed to make money.
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    How are you defining "Success with those?"

Because your waist isn't a child or animal to be trained, and your waist isn't a plant that you can train up a trellis. And your waist also doesn't have any bones in it that you can force to bend in a certain way as they grow (and even if it did, you're an adult so its too late for that.).

What is "success" here?
  • checker4
    checker4 Posts: 5 Member
    Options

Yes, I have tried many waist trainers and successfully lose my weight and fat.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    checker4 wrote: »

Why are you resurrecting posts from 2016 and 2017 to spruik these?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,599 Member
    Options
    checker4 wrote: »

Ain't do to the waist trainer because you DON'T burn excess calories from using it. It may make you EAT LESS due to the pressure put on your stomach. But what are you going to do? Wear it everytime you eat when you go out? Weight loss happens with eating less than you burn. Waist trainers are gimmicks to sell to people who have really no idea how weight loss works.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• allie_00p
    allie_00p Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I wear a lifting belt when I do heavy deadlifts...
  • sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,644 Member
    Options
    allie_00p wrote: »
    I wear a lifting belt when I do heavy deadlifts...

❤❤❤ love it! You go girl