Gaining rather than losing!

Options
Hi all, I'm unable to motivate myself and seem to be on auto pilot in terms of eating any and everything. I'm going through a lot of stress at the moment so that's most definitely a contributing factor. When I entered this patch about a year ago I decided I wasn't going to beat myself up and that it was just a passing phase but a it's a year now and I want to get motivated and back on track again. Any encouragement would be really welcomed. If you've been through the same low period and how you picked yourself up. Thanks :|

Replies

• MeemawCanDoIt
    MeemawCanDoIt Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    You can do it! You're here, so that's a start. For me, I had blood work done and didn't like the results. That was enough to finally get me motivated. Maybe consider a trip to your doctor and a conversation with him/her regarding diet and exercise, and make an appointment with a dietician. Those things helped me. Just know that you CAN do it when you set your mind to it.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I went off track for about 9 months. I gained a clothing size, and when my clothes were so tight that I was going to have to go up another size again, I realized that I could potentially go up 3 or 5 more sizes with no end in sight. That realization scared me into getting back on here and counting and logging again 8 months ago. The alternative is frightening, so bite the bullet and it WILL get easier!
  • Littlemissbusy7777
    Options
    MsJennigirl, Fiddletime and Nuturegirl thank you so much. I really do feel motivated to get back on track and I'm not just saying that. Watch this space :)