{Advices needed}

Options
{I'm new here}
I am looking for ideas, info, "good to know" ANYTHING I should know about fitness/healthy eating, macros etc! I want to make this journey worth.
So anything you think I should know before starting this new lifestyle, please, share it here!
**Feel free to add me, I'm looking for accountable friends {TheGoal} 66 lbs to lose

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    It's really easy to become overly enthusiastic with a new project, and really easy to be burnt out and overwhelmed, too. Figure out what the basics are, and start with the basics. Basics looks so boring and unnecessary, but they really are neither.

This is a good place to start: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Read the stickies at the top of the forums.
  • SoHoNYC
    SoHoNYC Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    musicfan68 wrote: »
    It's really easy to become overly enthusiastic with a new project, and really easy to be burnt out and overwhelmed, too. Figure out what the basics are, and start with the basics. Basics looks so boring and unnecessary, but they really are neither.

This is a good place to start: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Thanks to both of you.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    edited September 2017
    Options
    musicfan68 wrote: »

I second both of these suggestions.

I would start just by getting used to logging and try to do it as accurately as possible. Once you get that down you can work on shifting macros around. You should see progress just staying within your calorie goal.

IMO to make this journey worthwhile you have to make this journey last. Make a couple changes and allow yourself time for those to become second nature before making more. And only mae changes you are willing to live with for a long time, or forever.
  • RamboKitty87
    RamboKitty87 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Hey welcome, MFP is the best calories counting website I have come across, I will say this, count everything even mints, weigh everything also and bear in mind when logging food that most of the entries have been added by other members so double check to see it is right first, compare the entries with the packets etc, even cutting out sugary drinks or that packet of crisps (potato chips) makes a huge difference, also Calories are the king to weight loss / weight gain and if you do gain don't get too disheartened I have seen many just give up after a little weight gain after doing so well. I wish you all the best on your weight loss journey :)
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I suggest just logging all your meals as you eat them now for a week or two so you get used to logging.

Then set a new goal based on what you learned from the week before.

Set new goals each week based on what you are learning from the week before.

Don't doubt success! If eating a variety of foods that you enjoy still results in stready weight loss, don't doubt it and keep doing what you are doing.
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Be kind to you.
    Log before you eat
    Read the sticky posts