Treatment and eating disorder recovery. I got this.

Options
sarahbums
sarahbums Posts: 1,061 Member
edited September 2017 in Success Stories
My success is that i'm finally home after 39 days in inpatient treatment!

I was terrified at first, but It was actually a great experience- I met some amazing people and learned so many skills. I also started to work on practicing Radical Acceptance to cope with the weight gain and improve my self-image. Im now at a healthy weight and so far I've stuck to my meal plan this weekend. I also haven't engaged in any ED behaviors, despite having urges to.

idk i just feel like... hey, maybe it is possible to get better. Maybe i'm not a lost cause. This illness has stolen the past 10 years of my life. No way I'm gonna let it steal any more of my time.

Replies

• Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    This is wonderful to read. Willing you the support to continue as you are. YOU are far from a lost cause. Many of us have had problems in our pasts, it takes a brave person to speak out. Please think to your future, there is a good one out there for you. Reach for it.
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    I would repeat this as often as you like. It is all true.
  • princess0lexi
    princess0lexi Posts: 3,938 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    so happy for you. i recently recovered from anorexica and it was not easy and almost ended up in a impatient place but my mom gave me the strength to keep going. i am happy that you are now free and doing well. take care
  • skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I just visited your profile and figured you had brain surgery only last year. With that in mind, I must say you are probably stronger than most to just live your life and actually tackle the problems. Many would just 'indulge' in anything they wanted without bothering that it could be an issue, much less actually fight it and recover. You are definitely not a lost cause.
  • aggiepringle6665
    aggiepringle6665 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Well done
  • madwells1
    madwells1 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    sarahbums wrote: »
    My success is that i'm finally home after 39 days in inpatient treatment!

idk i just feel like... hey, maybe it is possible to get better. Maybe i'm not a lost cause. This illness has stolen the past 10 years of my life. No way I'm gonna let it steal any more of my time.

Congratulations!!

I lost 20 years of my life to ana/mia...so it IS possible to recover. Please know that it will still be tough sometimes, but that doesn't mean it's impossible.

Take one day at a time. Reach out for support, and don't obsess too much (that will take time). Know you are beautiful and your body is too!

Great people on MFP that will always be here to help you if you need it.
  • Lucy1752
    Lucy1752 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Radical Acceptance is an amazing tool!
    Good for you making positive steps forward.
    Peace to you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!