Jillian Micheals 30 day shred

Options
Has anyone ever tried Jillian micheals 30 day shred!? If so did u get any results?

Replies

• Pupslice
    Pupslice Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've done it all the way through many times now and enjoy it. My strength, endurance, and flexibility really improved and I saw a nice difference in my arms especially, but also my legs and abs. I'm doing her Body Shred workouts now and they are insane (three weeks in and I can see and feel a difference)! Just remember to take rest days!
  • LisaTang789
    LisaTang789 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've done it a few times. Absolutely fantastic results every time. Def recommend it :-)
  • LynnJ9
    LynnJ9 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Doing it now, I'm on level 2. It is really hard, but at only 20 minutes, you can get through it
  • another_chelle
    another_chelle Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I've actually just started on her beginner 30 day shrewd. I have her 30 day shread and I've done it before. I just wanted to ease into Jillian this time around
  • xxharleyquinnxx
    xxharleyquinnxx Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I have done it before and now doing it again :) I only do it twice a week to fit around all my other JM DVDs but I am enjoying it and definetly noticed how much fitter I am the second time round, level one is easy for me and that's doing the advanced moves!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I did it when I was still obese and it totally wrecked my knees after 2 days :(
  • BeachFreak2016
    BeachFreak2016 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    What are you all doing about food though?

I've used the DVD intermittently and agree that it really works but I need fat loss as well and won't achieve that without changing my diet. So do you use the online diet plan as well (which you have to pay for)? Also, I've never understood whether I'm supposed to do it every day to see results in just 30 days or if I'm allowed rest days (and how many)?
  • xxzenabxx
    xxzenabxx Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Yes it does work! I've done it plenty of times in the past and I lose fat. I'm going to do her ripped in 30 starting from next week.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Yes, if you look at the one star reviews for any Jillian Micheals product on Amazon they frequently mention knees.

I hurt my knees in 2009 and STILL have to be careful with them - I learned the hard way knee pain is not something to "work through."
  • xxzenabxx
    xxzenabxx Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Try supplementing with omega 3 or eat salmon and mackerel to help lubricate the joints. Also take a collegan supplement or even better drink bone broth and eat vitamin C foods, as vit C helps to build collagen which is what lubricates the joints.
  • LynnJ9
    LynnJ9 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    How many calories do you record that it burns? I seem two find a variety of answers, but I am putting down 175 calories for level 2 right now. Does that sound reasonable?
  • AMV91
    AMV91 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    At the start of my weight loss, 30DS was the first real workout aside from walking I did. I could only do the first week though and just did it over and over, killer on the knees.

I use it now from time to time as a gauge to see how far I've come. I was dying the first time I did it and the last time I did it, it was a breeze.
  • Nykkismommy21
    Nykkismommy21 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    lolchelse wrote: »
    Has anyone ever tried Jillian micheals 30 day shred!? If so did u get any results?

I having done her 30 day shred. I did workout 1 and never got much further I believe. This was a few years ago. Then I sold her dvd in a yard sale. But thennnnn, a few months ago, I bought her Beginner Shred ,which is alot like her first but a bit easier,and have dine workout 1 and 2 everyday except one or two days. I was about to go into workout 3 when I developed a cyst (pilonidal cyst? ) on my tailbone, luckily I caught it in time and after a week of antibiotics,some home remedies, and no working out, I got better, I did Workout 3 ,I couldn't walk or sit or crouch for two days!!! The workout was murder on my legs,with all the planks and stuff. I went back to Workout 2 ,so I could build it all back. I looove her workoouts.I feel like i get alot in for a short twenty minutes. I did that with walking an hour and a half 5 x a day and eating 1390 calories and my dvd workout calories (not my walking calories) and i lost 13 lbd in 40 days. The ladt week ive been slacking on my whole routine. It was hard to get back into after being ofca week. But I really feel stronger when i do her workouts. I also use 5lb weights in each hand instead of two lbs . and i swear i see a difference in my arms when i take pictures. I have always hated my arns but they are looking better. Good luck.