Replies

• iamomx2
    iamomx2 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Fajitas work for me.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I always check the appetizers and the a la carte menu. If they have ceviche, that's a great option and tasty!! I'll also look for a shrimp cocktail if they don't have ceviche.

If I'm ordering from the a la carte, I'll see if they have a veggie side and then pair it with a taco or a side of meat. If you just get veggie and meat, then there is room for chips and salsa!! Most restaurants have massive portions anyways, so ordering a side dish as a meal is good for me.
  • timtam163
    timtam163 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I love mexican food for eating out. Um anything on the menu gimme gimme...

OK in seriousness I usually skip the cheese and sour cream, I don't eat a million tortillas, and that usually leaves me feeling satisfied.
  • BernsGyrl
    BernsGyrl Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I had Mexican food last weekend. Everything came with beans and rice which I love. Gave those to my husband which made me sad. We ordered fajita trio of shrimp, chicken and beef. Picked out the onions because they are too sweet naturally. Meat on the plate, topped with lettuce, sour cream and guacamole which I don't usually like. It was so yummy. Water only to drink. I was so full had to take leftovers home. Added more leftover steak and chicken to the leftovers for next day's work lunch. Yum!
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I get chicken fajitas. I let myself have a few chips w/ salsa (which is super hard to control so be careful). I get the chicken or shrimp fajitas but I ask for corn tortillas instead of flour. And I tell them to please not bring me the rice and beans on the side because I would clean that plate if given the opportunity.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I would get fajitas and if you want, just eat one tortilla and eat the rest of the meat/veggies/guacamole etc with a fork. That's what I'd do to cut calories.
    What I normally do is pick whichever meal I want and just eat half of it.
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Guac and REAL Mexican tacos with cilantro and onions, not American ones with cheese and sour cream.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    my honest advice, eat what you want and enjoy the night out and then get back on track tomorrow. One thing about the lifestyle change is that you have to accept that there are times when you will consume more than you intend, but also realize that, that is OK...