Buddy for Fitness Motivation and Friendship

Hey MFP!

I'm looking for something (perhaps?) a little different from just a fitness buddy. I'm looking for a sort of internet friend to share fitness/food goals with but also to share what's going on our lives and have a nice chat as I feel it's stress/anxiety that leads to my worst habits. So it would be nice to have someone with similar hobbies and interests so we can distract each other :)

To give you an idea of me -

I'm 28, female and in the UK but time zones don't bother me. I don't have any kids but I do have 6 cats (crazy cat lady alert) and work from home. I like all things Marvel, DC and other sci fi things as well as any crime tv shows - particularly murder type shows. I also like books - big HP and His Dark Materials fan and also like romantic novels. NFL (go Packs go) is a big pull for me too.

Weight loss wise I started at 245 in January and I'm at 198 now, looking to get to 165 next year. I'm not the best exerciser but I do enjoy going for walks and trying yoga.

Replies

• Panda8ach
    Panda8ach Posts: 518 Member
    Hey... Not sure I can be one on one but I'm super active on here and always about for support :) I'm 37 years young and in the UK :# I'm a rock climber and massive box set geek :D I've gone from 145lbs to 215.5lbs in 116 days :)
  • Petrolhead75
    Petrolhead75 Posts: 45 Member
    Hi,

I'm 42 and in the UK, always been a sci fi freak and love HP and HDM, I tend to walk mostly for exercise (out walking the dog mainly - crazy dog lady you could say). Add me if you'd like, I could do with some motivation, I've been at this a long time, and have hit a bit of a low point, trying not to undo all the good work. I lost 8 stone in total, but have put on about 5lbs, arrrrgh! Good luck anyhow x