Hello from bonny Scotland!!

Options
Hello everyone!! I am a soon to be 30 year old mum of 2 (3 1/2 year old and 8 month old girls) and an Intensive care nurse from th e UK. I have always been a big girl since I left home but since having my youngest I have tipped the scales at 199lbs and am struggling with losing weight. Some work colleagues have recommended MFP so I thought I'd give it a bash. Am desperate to lose some weight before I turn 30 in November - the plan was to be thin for then but its not gonna happen now :-( Would love to be my Uni weight (133-140lbs), my hubby has never seen me that thin!!

Replies

• mrchunky
    mrchunky Posts: 18
    Options
    welcome! You'll be fine on here! Goodluck in your quest!
  • livi_cowgirl
    livi_cowgirl Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Hiya, just outside Glasgow here. :-)

Welcome to MFP. I hope you enjoy it and get everything you need out of it. Feel free to add me and good luck on your journey. x
  • yukiokudasai
    Options
    We have some similtarities. I am 23 and weigh 204 currently. My son is 8 months and my daughter is 3 1/2 :) This place does help in many ways. Adding friends and helping you to keep responsible for everything that you do. It has great benefits if you use them to your advantage. Looking forward to seeing how it goes for you. :)
  • gingermelv
    Options
    Hiya,

I used to live in Glasgow but moved to Bridge of Weir area a couple of years ago after having my 2 year old son. Welcome to MFP. It is ace - I am starting to really get into it and now I am back from hols I am going to do a 30 day plan and log it all. Good luck!
  • jaitken_22
    jaitken_22 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!! I am a soon to be 30 year old mum of 2 (3 1/2 year old and 8 month old girls) and an Intensive care nurse from th e UK. I have always been a big girl since I left home but since having my youngest I have tipped the scales at 199lbs and am struggling with losing weight. Some work colleagues have recommended MFP so I thought I'd give it a bash. Am desperate to lose some weight before I turn 30 in November - the plan was to be thin for then but its not gonna happen now :-( Would love to be my Uni weight (133-140lbs), my hubby has never seen me that thin!!

Feel free to add me, I'm in Greenock :flowerforyou: I also work for the NHS but I do administration :smile: Sounds like we have similar goals, I would like to reach a healthy weight by the time I'm 30. I started on here in January 2011 and weighed 13st 8lbs and currently just under 12st, still a long way to go though, but you'll find plenty of support on here! MFP is the one thing that has successfully helped me lose weight and I'd be lost without it!
  • gingermelv
    Options
    Well done you! Ace weight loss! can I add you as a friend?
  • jaitken_22
    jaitken_22 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I'm just down the road from you! :laugh:
    Hiya,

I used to live in Glasgow but moved to Bridge of Weir area a couple of years ago after having my 2 year old son. Welcome to MFP. It is ace - I am starting to really get into it and now I am back from hols I am going to do a 30 day plan and log it all. Good luck!
  • gingermelv
    Options
    i know - I go to the Waterfront with my son every Saturday! You have done so well - inspirational! Keep going! I'm off to burn some calories by doing Jillian Michael 30 Day Shred!
  • chicco57
    chicco57 Posts: 298
    Options
    Hi and Welcome... I live near Balloch .. you will enjoy the site... feel free to add me as a friend
  • Janeway72
    Options
    Hi, I just started using the site properly yesterday though I've been a member for ages. I live in Ayrshire. Feel free to add me as a friend (that goes for anyone else too. I need all the weightloss friends I can get, lol). I've got over 6 stones to lose so it's going to be a long journey.
  • flausa
    flausa Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I've been using MFP since the end of January and have found it very helpful - I'm a little over 4 stone down! I also live in bonny Scotland (or rather grey East Kilbride) and would be happy to have new fitness pals. Any of you bonny lasses can feel free to add me and we can work on becoming hot mums together!
  • traceywaugh
    Options
    iv used mfp on and off for a year main;y as a food calculator recently i added some friends and its best thingi have done the support and motivation here is awesome
  • ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Hi Hi Hi :-)
    Big warm welcome from London