Finding time to date

Options
stcydurand10
stcydurand10 Posts: 14 Member
I work two jobs and finding it so hard to date. I wish I could meet someone..I'm in my 30's and not getting any younger. Anyone have success stories with online dating?

Replies

• stcydurand10
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Lol really? Why would I date a married man?
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    Lol really? Why would I date a married man?

You wouldn't right? So skip online dating.
  • stcydurand10
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Um that was helpful. Thanks
  • CaloricCountess
    CaloricCountess Posts: 202 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Basically online dating today, mostly consists of faux profiles (usually using pictures, of mostly women but some men, whom're hot enough; to be models), narcissists whom believe that, they're too good; for anyone else but the faux profiles, that they falsely believe're real (these mostly men'll expose themselves, by complaining about these profiles; having full message boxes and/or not responding, to them), undesirables (for varies, creepy and/or gross reasons) & disabled people, some severely (raises hand, although I left because of the other 3 reasons, prior to becoming too disabled; to date)!
  • rdix333
    rdix333 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I did yahoo dating site. We got married 10 years ago and still going strong.
  • rdix333
    Options
    km8907 wrote: »
    Do you like married guys?

There are married guys everywhere, not just online dating sites. Pretty easy to figure out if they're married though.
  • stcydurand10
    Options
    rdix333 wrote: »

That's awesome
  • CaloricCountess
    Options

Those were the years, when I was just browsing because I was hoping that I'd get well 1st, then be employed, etc. & most people weren't there, for longer than few months; now it's a few years! I began to notice the decline of relationships forming 1st, when eharmony's commercials; rarely had any new couples & when they did, they still included most couples; via years prior! Although I haven't seen a commercial of there's, for several years; since I've been watch everything online!
  • lilac_bunny
    lilac_bunny Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I feel like this too. I would like children but most men in their 30's seem to either have grown up children or decided they don't want any. Plus I'm getting much pickier as I get older. I have been on the dating sites for 5 years and have some really horrendous (but retrospectively funny) dates. I do have 3 or 4 friends that have met their partners through online dating though including 2 who have got married.
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    Ok I've met some decent guys online, but you have to be careful. There's a lot of *kitten* up people looking to *kitten* up other people. I don't even have time for online dating anymore but I'm sure I'll go back again some day. The thing about online dating is that there's so much variety, so it seems like people will always keep one eye open for something better instead of concentrating on what's in front of them.

My advice if you do it....dont text someone for weeks before you actually meet. Try and meet sooner rather than later because there may be a perceived connection through text, but nothing once you meet in person. No need to waste all that time and get falsely attached.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    In all seriousness, dating is difficult. In real life and online. Online makes it convenient to scroll through hundreds of guys you probably wouldn't have met otherwise, but out of those guys, the probability isn't great that you'll end up with one of them. Either they're married, catfish, fckboys or psychopaths. But you could get lucky. You should know within a few conversations if someone online is crazy.
  • Just_Mel_
    Options
    Best time for me is during working hours usually

You know im single right? :kissing_heart:
  • CaloricCountess
    Options

There are married guys everywhere, not just online dating sites. Pretty easy to figure out if they're married though.

? zoqgthtlgwcl.jpg

Lol :D I just ask them, what their Mother'd think; of them!
  • stcydurand10
    Options
    In all seriousness, dating is difficult. In real life and online. Online makes it convenient to scroll through hundreds of guys you probably wouldn't have met otherwise, but out of those guys, the probability isn't great that you'll end up with one of them. Either they're married, catfish, fckboys or psychopaths. But you could get lucky. You should know within a few conversations if someone online is crazy.
    Ur absolutely right. I know some people that met online and ended up getting married and having kids. I've tried online dating in the past and ran into men that r married or in a relationships...or the ones that just want to get laid. I'd thought I would try it again but I think im changing my mind now lol
  • rdix333
    Options

? zoqgthtlgwcl.jpg

Funny. Lol.
    But to be serious, just don't give it away. The dogs that are out there, and there are many, will give up after one or two dates. With the wife and i, I was in no hurry. Probably was a few months and 8 or 9 dates. If they really are looking for long term, then a few more months won't matter.
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I met my better half on POF of all places, I messaged him first telling him he wasn't "my type" but that something about his style of writing in his profile made it stand out amongst the hundreds of other guy's profiles and I wanted to compliment him for that. I didn't even have a profile pic up at that time and didn't expect a response to that first message. But we did end up messaging back and forth and eventually meeting. In a few weeks we will celebrate 8 happy years together!
  • Just_Mel_
    Options
    I met my better half on POF of all places, I messaged him first telling him he wasn't "my type" but that something about his style of writing in his profile made it stand out amongst the hundreds of other guy's profiles and I wanted to compliment him for that. I didn't even have a profile pic up at that time and didn't expect a response to that first message. But we did end up messaging back and forth and eventually meeting. In a few weeks we will celebrate 8 happy years together!

I met my best friend on POF a few years ago. :smile:
    Happy almost anniversary!