Good Weigh-in Day?

Options
I typically weigh-in on Thursdays & because I'm a "fluffy" guy, I do it at the Doctor's office (since the scales you purchase at Walmart only go up to 400lbs and I'm @ 438lbs). So, I go in around 1-1:30PM each Thursday. Is that a good time?

I know it's shortly after lunch, but I just take the hit and go with it. I appreciate them just allowing me to come-in without an appointment and such.

When do you all weigh-in? What day of the week? What times? Thanks so much for sharing your info :)

Replies

• musica814
    musica814 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    They say that your morning weight (after you relieve yourself, and before you ear or drink) is the most accurate, but if you can only weigh yourself in the afternoon it's not going to make a huge difference. As long as you are consistent with the times that you weigh yourself. For example, I can be anywhere from 2-5 pounds heavier at night, because of all the food i've eaten. But once it's digested overnight and left my body, I get my true weight in the morning.
    ETA: I weigh myself first thing in the morning every day, unless I had a really bad previous day where i went over on my calories. In that case I really don't want to step on the scale lol. But I don't let the scale define my mood, I just enjoy seeing the fluctuations based on how well i've been following my calorie goals.
  • atd81
    atd81 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Like Imwitha, I also weigh myself in the mornings, generally on a Friday before I've had anything to eat or drink. Just the fact that you go the same time every week to weigh in, should still give you an accurate overview of where your weight is.
  • FatDadSlim
    FatDadSlim Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Consistency is the key. as long as it is roughly the same time of the day then that is your benchmark.
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on Saturday mornings because I am sure to have had a full night's rest the night before. Also after using the restroom, before eating or drinking and naked. You can find scales that go up higher but they might be a little more expensive. Try looking on walmart.com or amazon.com. If the doctor will let you, try going in when they first open up. Again, before eating or drinking and after using the restroom. You probably won't be naked, but you can take your shoes off. Allow for 1 pound or 2 for your clohting. Also make sure it's the same scale. Best wishes to you!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Chesspupil
    Chesspupil Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on Monday mornings... after the coffee has kicked in and helped me use the rest-room. THis time helps me realize that on the weekend I need to not undo all the good I gave done during the week.

I also weigh in in a tee shirt and underwear only to minimuze changes based on clothing... for you I would consider the same outfit until you get to do weigh ins at home and you can do a one time re-calibration based on however you decide to do your weigh-ins

I think as a reward to yourself you might consider that walmart scale once you get to say 395...

Something else to think on... think you are having a great week and want to give yourself permission to relake the calories (a little!!) then a mid-week weigh in might be the motivator or the reminder that you need.

As for the doctors office I would ask them... I'll be friday afternoons are dead for them as people get wrapped up in thier weekend plans.
  • freeloaves
    freeloaves Posts: 281
    Options
    I also weigh in on a Monday when I get into work. Take off all my clothes except top half.
  • JoelleMonique
    Options
    Even though you may weigh a little more during the day than first thing in the morning the weight lost is still the same. So if you started off weighing in the afternoon and it's convinient for you carry on. You still see the pounds coming off. Just know that if you were weighing in the morning you would be a little lighter, but not enough to make you change your weigh-in routine.
  • aleah623
    aleah623 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I too am aMonday weigh in person. I do however check my progress all week to make sure I'm not messing up.
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself each morning lol kinda gotten obsessed with seeing how the scale changes day to day. My offical weigh in day is Tueday Morning though and I do it right after using the restroom but before I eat my breakfast ( around 6 am for me). I agree with the others though if your weigh-in time has been consistant then you should be fine in the afternoon you will still see the loss :)
  • timgordon24
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the replies! To those who recommended weighing-in in the morning, once I get to 400lbs, I'm getting a scale and going to do it at home in the mornings.

To the young lady who recommended reducing the weight for my clothes, being a fluffy guy, my clothes are actually around 5 pounds total. That's jeans, shirts and shoes.

I agree at routine.. I stopped weighing-in for 2 weeks and had to get back on-track.

Again, I can't thank you all enough for the insight and I will be sure to put it to good use!! :D
  • Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I weigh in Tuesday mornings (far enough away from the weekend's sodium, I hope) .
  • BrandieB3
    BrandieB3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Awesome job tim! we will have to hit up rock island trail or something sometime. i usually weigh in sunday morings, as already stated morings are the best b4 you eat. and i just picked sundays at random. day really doesnt matter.