Zumba

Options
Hey everyone!

Does anyone know how many calories you can burn in a 45mins Zumba class? I was thinking about trying it tonight for the first time..eeek!!!

Sx

Replies

• BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Soon2BMrsRamos
    Options
    zumbacalories.com. I personally have a HRM and I have more weight to lose so I burn anywhere from 700 to 1000 calories in an hour class. The website only puts me at 789 though. Zumba is the only exercise I do!
  • Ahluvly
    Ahluvly Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    OMG, wow...didn't realise it burnt off so much!

My gym does a kettlebells class and you can burn up to 600 cals in a 30 mins session, it is very hardcore though....at the time I didn't like it as I felt like I was going to throw up & then die for two hours after it!!lol

I'm looking into getting a heart monitor, do you have the watch or the chest strap one?

x
  • SlimSadieG
    SlimSadieG Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I started Zumba 2 weeks ago and I'm already obsessed! It's so much fun and you get a proper sweat on! Haha.
  • rschuurman
    Options
    Yes I am so loving Zumba as well! It's such an amazing workout. Thanks for sharing that website, it was putting me way under on MFP when I selected the "dance" option.
  • tammydspice
    Options
    I burn between 600 and 800 in an hour.. I use my HRM to be sure!! I love Zumba, so much fun you don't realize you are exercising!!! Mine is the PF4, watch and chest strap, thought it would bother me but it just feels like my bra!!

xxoo
  • Soon2BMrsRamos
    Options
    I have a CVS brand HRM that is just the watch. As long as you keep up with the settings (i.e. your changing weight) then it is considered accurate. I do know the chest strap ones are supposed to be more accurate however.
  • kris3800
    kris3800 Posts: 18
    Options
    They have the classes at my gym and I have thought about trying it...maybe I will give it a try.
  • Ahluvly
    Ahluvly Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Kris, I'll let you know what it's like (if it's not fully booked)!lol
  • Pure_white
    Options
    My zumba teacher says record it as 40 mins of aerobic workout as it is not on the list x