Lost weight this week but messed up big time!!

Options
After weeks of plateau, I finally lost 2kg this week. Had my weigh in on Saturday morning and I came back all happy. Hubby wanted me to bake and I ended up baking a carrot cake (watched too much Bake off). I ate almost half the cake and that's not all! I had noodles and ice cream for dinner. I feel so guilty now. I just hope I don't put all the weight back on. Went to the gym and trying to make up for it for the rest of the week. Any tips to stay low cal?

Replies

• Nykkismommy21
    Nykkismommy21 Posts: 224 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I get like that about myself too. I have reached that point where im plateud , but not really, just feeling a bit discouraged or hungry lol so i have stalled my weight loss by eating more on the weekend for the last two weeks.but I found last time I did that I went back to me routine and had a nice 3 lb whoosh shortly after. I like treating my metabolism and not letting it think im starving myself. Sooo, i did feel like I was a bit bored by the whole routine, but really I just needed a lil break,and besides, you have to eat 3,500 calories on top of what you burn off to gain back a lb much less two. I think u should be ok.
  • Quinn_Baker
    Quinn_Baker Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Just go back to what you were doing. Do not try to overexercise or under eat to make up for the binge! Just accept it, and move on! (:
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Try establishing a healthier relationship with food & exercise. Don't feel guilty to punish yourself
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Get back to it the next day. Unfortunately, carrot cake has a LOT of calories and half a cake probably set you back quite a bit.

I do the exact same thing every single time I bake something. And I love baking. So now I only bake when we have a get together with friends, and I send the leftovers with them (or I make something and go drop off the leftovers to my cookies-loving friend who doesn't seem to be able to put on weight, but his wife is starting to hate me for it). Seriously, the 12 lbs I've gained back in the last 3 years are due to my baking. It sucks because it's a hobby for me, but I just have no self control...

So tell your husband to go to the bakery and get something there next time he's craving baked goods, seriously.
  • rmgnow
    rmgnow Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Log all of it....painfully
  • Mkneedtogetfit
    Mkneedtogetfit Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Get back to it the next day. Unfortunately, carrot cake has a LOT of calories and half a cake probably set you back quite a bit.

I do the exact same thing every single time I bake something. And I love baking. So now I only bake when we have a get together with friends, and I send the leftovers with them (or I make something and go drop off the leftovers to my cookies-loving friend who doesn't seem to be able to put on weight, but his wife is starting to hate me for it). Seriously, the 12 lbs I've gained back in the last 3 years are due to my baking. It sucks because it's a hobby for me, but I just have no self control...

So tell your husband to go to the bakery and get something there next time he's craving baked goods, seriously.

I rarely bake. This time someone gave me a Michelle Roux baking kit. It serves 12!! So I ate almost 1490 calories!!
  • smh_cliff
    smh_cliff Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Log it, so that ifyou do gain when you look back later youll know why it was. But thats not so many calories that you cant maintain over all through the next week.
  • Francl27
    Options

I rarely bake. This time someone gave me a Michelle Roux baking kit. It serves 12!! So I ate almost 1490 calories!!

That's still only a 3 days setback if you're trying to lose 1 lb a week. It's not a huge deal as long as it's just a once in a while thing.
  • Mkneedtogetfit
    Options
    So...to salvage my weight loss dream, I logged my cake calories (felt terrible but the cake was yum), ate oatbran for breakfast, soup for lunch, eggs+ 1/3 banana for pre workout snack, yogurt tomato and cucumber salad for dinner. It was chest day and I did 150 push ups (variations) as well as a HIIT circuit class 30 mins.
    ( Telling you all of this not to bore you but MFP community keeps me accountable!! :)
  • Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    My advice would be to not feel guilty. It's food, not a moral issue. You didn't murder anyone or torture puppies. There's not reason for guilt and therefore no reason to do penance for your sins.

Then my next bit of advice would be to eat and exercise as you normally would. Eat a normal healthy diet in the calorie range you've chosen for your normal weight loss. Get back to your normal exercise routine. Often, after a binge, it's hard just to get back to the daily routine and we tend to let ourselves stay out of control for long periods of time. Or we decide to make up for the excess calories by starving and over exercising which leads to out of control hunger and bingeing. That's where the problem occurs. It isn't really from the one-time huge meal.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options

Wow, that is a lot. But still not even enough for 1/2 lb of fat gain.
  • tjones0411
    tjones0411 Posts: 179 Member
    Options

That's actually not that bad! The recipe that I use for homemade carrot cake is about 925 calories for 1/12 of the cake, including frosting.
  • Francl27
    Options
    tjones0411 wrote: »

That's actually not that bad! The recipe that I use for homemade carrot cake is about 925 calories for 1/12 of the cake, including frosting.

Yeah, carrot cake is the worst!
  • Mkneedtogetfit
    Options
    tjones0411 wrote: »

Yeah, carrot cake is the worst!

I didn't make a cream cheese frosting. Thank God for that! I just made one from icing sugar and low fat spread cuz I didn't have butter at home. I put a very thin layer.