Pcos

Options
I have pcos does anyone know any type of food would help me loose weight?

Replies

• llbaker1995
    llbaker1995 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS as well and I'm just starting out trying to lose weight. Hopefully we will find something that works!
  • GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    You can eat any food you want. It has nothing to do with the type of food, just how much.

Eat at a caloric deficit and you will lose weight.
  • KristiH2244
    KristiH2244 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Not with PCOS. Anything we eat turns to fat and our bodies store it because it's in fight or flight mode.
  • aggiepringle6665
    aggiepringle6665 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Low carb works best for me. I've had PCOS for over 25 years and it's the only thing that has worked for me to lose weight
  • LivieBr00ke
    LivieBr00ke Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I also have PCOS and have been struggling with weight since I was 16!
    Everyone I've talked to has said to do a low carb, high protein diet or the keto diet (pretty much the same thing)
    I tried it, and saw results instantly but it wasn't the right diet for me. As soon as you consume more carbs, your body will store it as fat again. Not good for a pasta lover such as myself.
    I have found that eating more protein will help you feel more full so you don't consume as many calories, but excersise I've found, has been the best as long as you stick to it. At least 2 times a week.
  • kwendy04
    kwendy04 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS as well and have struggled with weight over the last 10 - I've tried just being in a calorie deficet and that didn't work. I tried a low fat, high protein, moderate carb diet by a trainer of leans meats, veggies and complex carbs it took me 9lbs to lose just 20lbs - wasn't worth the 5 days a day at the gym and the tasteless food I had to eat. That didn't work for me. I find low carb works best for ME, and have currently started keto again. I don't believe that weightless is a one size fits all model so find something that works for you that you think you can stick to.
  • smacmt
    smacmt Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My sister has it. She has to watch her sugar intake. She tends to gain weight in the middle. She is 43 and newly married for first time. She wants to have a baby, doctor says it is a long shot, but anything is possible!!!! Good luck on your journey.
  • SarcasticBlondie
    SarcasticBlondie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I've been Keto since January and down over 5 pounds. It's the only way I have been able to lose and it's helped PCOS a lot.
  • Presleykay22
    Presleykay22 Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    I have been diagnosed with PCOS just recently and my doctor told me to do a low-carb high-protein diet which is also known as the keto diet and is in working quite well for me
  • NicholeCazett
    NicholeCazett Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Keto is not low carb high protein. It is low carb, moderate protein and high fat. You want your macros around 5% carbs, 20% protein and 75% fat. If you consume excess protein it will store in your body as glycogen. There is a lot of good information on the Facebook page CompletelyKeto For Beginners as well as reading the book Keto Clarity. Low carb diet focuses on losing weight while Keto focuses on healing your body from the inside out (weight loss is just an added bonus!).
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Everyone with PCOS is different. I have PCOS and I have been able to lose with a calorie deficit and weight lifting. I keep my carbs lower (150g a day) because if I go above this I find my symptoms start to return. There are no special foods or diets to follow. Maintain a calorie deficit, weigh your food, log everything you consume with correct entries (no homemade or generic), move more, have patience.
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    I have pcos. I eat at a calorie deficit (-700 calories) from my TDEE & workout 3 days a week. You don't need to workout to lose weight I choose to b/c im trying to retain muscle. I have lost 94lbs in 1 year & 1 month eating the foods that I like in my deficit using portion control w/ the help of my food scale. Add me!
  • GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    apullum wrote: »
    However, the first thing I had to do was stop believing myths that made me think weight loss was extremely difficult for me. There is a LOT of bad information out there. It took me years to seriously try to lose weight because I believed exactly these sorts of myths, and then I blamed my medical conditions when attempted to lose weight and then regained the weight. In reality, I regained the weight after a few weeks because I didn't commit to logging my food accurately and eventually stopped doing logging, not because I had PCOS. When I committed to logging my food accurately and staying within my calorie budget, I lost weight.

AMEN!