Polar Heart Rate Monitors?

Options
I am looking to get a HRM and I have read that lots of people like the Polar ones but I am not sure which one to get. I have been looking at three different ones. RS300X SD, the FT7 and FT40F.

I was wondering if anyone had a preference and why?

Replies

• Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I got the FT7 at a local store and love it. I could afford it, which is why I went with that one. Not sure what the difference is, but any of those should be great. Just different bells and whistles, I'm sure. I love seeing what I burned after a good long run... very satisfying!!!!
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT7 and I love it
  • Chowder_17
    Chowder_17 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I have the FT4. Does what I need it to do and significantly cheaper than the 7. $55 on Amazon shipped.
  • ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Recently bought Polar FT4 (my first hrm) and so far I am very pleased with it!
  • kaaatielove
    kaaatielove Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I have the FT4. Does what I need it to do and significantly cheaper than the 7. $55 on Amazon shipped.

I just bought mine off amazon a couple of days ago.. im so excited to get it.. i think it was $58 and some change, but thats with free shipping :)
  • Goalinsight
    Goalinsight Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have an FT7. It's great. Love to know what I've burned after exercise.
  • sgrinavi
    sgrinavi Posts: 80
    Options
    I have an FT7 & a Garmin 305 -

The FT7 is great for general all round work, not complicated - just tells you what you need to know - if you don't care about connecting to your computer or using the online personaltrainer (dot) com feature you can save a few bucks and go with the ft4

The 305 is great on the bike, gps function works like a champ, but IMO it's too big to be comfortable to wear around.
  • JannineOwen
    JannineOwen Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    i have the FT4 and love it, it does just the job for me and is very comfortable to wear too.
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I also have the Ft4. Been using it for about a year, no problems or complaints - It's great!!!
  • jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I have the ft7 but have noticed that within a year it has stopped working properly. Battery has been changed so I know that is not the problem.
  • Rae9911
    Rae9911 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone think I might go with the FT7 as it is cheaper.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I have the FT7 and I like it a lot. It's very easy to use/set up.. and the strap is really comfortable.

The FT40 is also very nice... it's got a fitness test, which apparently makes the calorie count more accurate.
  • Brownski860
    Brownski860 Posts: 361 Member
    Options

DITTO!! I just wanted something to track my calories burned and made sure i was within my target heart rate. This works perfectly. No need to go all high tech....
  • DurdenCycles
    DurdenCycles Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have been using Polar HRM for over 15 years. They have all been accurate, consistent, and easy to use. Polar has lots of different monitors divided by sport, features, and desired result. I'm pretty sure they all povide calories burned. You can go to the Polar website and search for the monitor you want based on your desired effect and sport. My only recomendation it to buy a newer model. Don't buy an out of date model just because it is on sale. A few years ago I purchased an older model on sale. After using it for a few months I got water in it. Polar replaced it, even though it was my fault. However, because it was not a current model I had to pay an upgrade charge to get about the same thing I already had.

http://www.polarusa.com/us-en/

Good Luck.
  • Mkmassey3
    Mkmassey3 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I have the FT7 and love it! It tracks fat burn and allows you to track using the training files. I am still learning all of the bells and whistles, but so far have been extremely happy with it. It cost a little more than the 4, but it had a few more features that I was interested in. Enjoy your new purchase!! :flowerforyou:
  • spiralgirl71
    spiralgirl71 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I bought the F11 model. I was stalking it on Amazon and someone had it listed as used for $50 and I grabbed it. I like it but honestly don't know how to use all of the functions...and I've had it over a year now.

Polar is a great brand. I bought a cheap HRM prior to my Polar and it was not dependable.
  • Lanfear
    Lanfear Posts: 524
    Options
    I've also got the FT4, and it's great! Does exactly what it says on the tin :smile:
  • jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options

DITTO!! I just wanted something to track my calories burned and made sure i was within my target heart rate. This works perfectly. No need to go all high tech....
    does the FT4 allow you to change the batteries yourself???
  • StanMcCullars
    Options
    According to their website, the battery is "user replaceable"