• solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    110/80 today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YEAH!!
  • karl1901
    karl1901 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your progress! In your original post you mentioned a ~41 lb weight loss. Have you made progress since and has your circulation issue improved? Keep up the good work!
  • RedSierra
    RedSierra Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Wonderful news! Congrats for losing the weight and making your health a priority. :)
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    karl1901 wrote: »
    Congrats on your progress! In your original post you mentioned a ~41 lb weight loss. Have you made progress since and has your circulation issue improved? Keep up the good work!

Thanks! It was 80.2 down as of last weigh-in. Tomorrow's the next one. As for circulation, I'm not sure. I see the vascular surgeon next month, but the last time, all he did was note that my leg was no longer swollen and write me a new prescription for compression stockings. He didn't order any new tests. As I understand it, barring medical advances, I'll probably be in these stockings for the rest of my life. I'm not sure whether 'improvement' is a realistic goal or whether 'stability' is the best I can hope for.
  • fleapowder
    fleapowder Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Esther please keep us informed, I wish you well and good health.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    I shall. Very modest loss this morning (0.2) but 1) TOM started and 2) I haven't adjusted my calories or taken a diet break in months. I'm planning to do both next week when the Jewish holiday cycle starts up. Add in that (all together now, kids...) "Weight loss isn't linear!!!!!" and... somehow not brokenhearted about 'only' dropping 2/10th of a lb this week.
  • sandit60
    sandit60 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    The last time he took my weight and BP, was 6 months ago. I started MFP on October 30th. Good for you!! I have back problems and the same lower circulation that you speak of. I have to lose weight NOW! Thanks for you inspiring me :smiley:

I think I just blew his mind...

My BP has gone from 130/90 to 125/85. And according to his scale (which I won't count as a weigh-in, because I know readings can vary slightly from scale to scale, my weekly weigh-in is Sunday morning before breakfast, I did 45 minutes on the Nordic track about an hour before I showed up and, in not-so-good news, I've got a bit of an upset stomach so I'm not sure how much food I've held onto today...) I have lost (drumroll, please...) FORTY-THREE POUNDS! (My Sunday weigh-in had it at 41).

He told me I didn't realize how phenomenal this was. Apparently, he advises people who need to lose that they do, but most either gain, maintain, or at best, drop 10-15 in this amount of time.

So... I'm glowing now. Whew. Okay. Breathing again. Whew.

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!