Weight plateau

Options
Hi there
I have lost one stone and would like to lose two more. I am eating 1550 cals per day or under and doing fat burn exercise. Why has my gentle weight loss plateaued last three weeks? Advice welcome and appreciated. Thanks.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You may be retaining water from exercise. You may be constipated. Your loss may have reached a stage where weekly loss is smaller than daily fluctuations. You may be eating more than you think.

I suggest you assess your logging, weigh yourself daily, and adjust your expectations.
  • goslingkate981
    goslingkate981 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you
  • rosie38c
    rosie38c Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I hit one for 6 weeks but stuck at it and bizarrely it started again can't say why as I'd mixed up exercise and the foods I was eating but all within my allowance, glad it didn't discourage me... keep at it :)
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Sometimes weight loss happens in spurts despite eating at the same calorie deficit. For me I used to have 3 weeks where my weight would stall and then I got a whoosh, it seems I am not alone in this either. Stick with it, loss will happen again.

Remember that so many things affect our weight/scale reading - hormones, extra sodium, higher carbs than usual, bathroom issues, medication...the list goes on.
  • goslingkate981
    goslingkate981 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you I really appreciate your encouragement and insight through experience. It is a real learning journey for me and I'm right at the beginning. Excited and curious but sometimes I definitely have my L plates on. I really appreciate you taking time to write all of you. Thanks so much. Warm Wishes K