anxiety and stress durin weight loss

Options
Hi everyone! I am curious to what degree people find the stress elevates as they go through this transformation in their lives? I have Ben living low carb for a couple of years now with considerable success. I have lost 40 lbs with another 20 to go. I find stress to be my weakness and stumbling block - my go to relief is often food and usually the wrong kind of food! I have a high stress level in which I love and my husband has severe health issues we deal with daily. Does anyone have suggestions for me when I feel the urge to say the hell with it ans reach for food my mind tells me I don't want and shouldn't eat! Thank you for providing a forum for us

Replies

• 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Find something to direct creative energy.
    In times of stress, nurture your soul.
    For me it varies between creating music, going shooting, riding my motorcycle or other things I'm incredibly passionate about. I find that the added positivity puts me in a better space.
    Best of luck to you.
  • njstrohmayer
    njstrohmayer Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank-you. I am passionate about my family and my job. Not much tie for anything else but maybe that's the problem. I have invested a lot of time in others and not much in me.
  • Eleted
    Eleted Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I believe that you are correct. You have maybe lost yourself in all this. Compassion fatigue takes a toll. You must have activities that are just for you! Nurture yourself and put yourself first. ( like the oxygen mask analogy on the plane) If you do not, everything can suffer.
    I too head toward food for comfort. But I have learned to go for a walk, call a friend or read to distract myself. I also do not keep tempting foods nearby or It can be too easy to grab.
    What's the down side of putting yourself first?
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    It's very helpful to head outside for a walk. Drink a glass of water when you get back; you'll probably find you don't even want a snacky food afterwards. Your stress level may decrease a bit, and you'll have cleared your head and be more capable of doing the things you need to do. You'll have more energy to devote to your family when you recharge yourself.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!