Keto diet affecting erections & testosterone??

Options
Hey im 18 years old and plan on starting the ketogenic diet, actually today I completely day 1 but i read some interesting thing online about blood flow and erections and wanted to know if anyone experienced with keto has had any negative affects with sexual drive / erections supposedly the high fat intake would cause your blood flow to be slower from what i read i have a girlfriend so it isnt really a option for me to risk not being able to please her also does it lower your T levels? I mean i would think that eating more fat would raise your T levels but i hear thats not the case so if anyone could enlighten me.

Replies

• Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    May I ask why Keto? You don't have weight to lose.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Got links to what you were reading? Without taking a stand on keto one way or another, I'd eat my hat if those articles weren't trying to sell you something. T-related articles get marketed towards men like ACV gets marketed towards women.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I've never heard of any problems. Cardiovascular health often improves on a keto diet so I can't see it hurting anything.

As a woman, no problems at all.
  • medic2038
    medic2038 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Lifting and a moderate amount of protein should actually INCREASE your T levels (not by a ton, but should nonetheless). My own blood pressure tends to run lower when I'm doing keto, but I've never had any ED or libido problems from it.
  • mygoalsss
    mygoalsss Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Got links to what you were reading? Without taking a stand on keto one way or another, I'd eat my hat if those articles weren't trying to sell you something. T-related articles get marketed towards men like ACV gets marketed towards women.

I could go grab the link but there is no evidence scientificly ive found just people on reddit and boding building.com saying that the fat build up in arteries could affect the blood flow of your erections and also even decease the girth of your penis
  • mygoalsss
    Options
    mygoalsss wrote: »
    Hey im 18 years old and plan on starting the ketogenic diet, actually today I completely day 1 but i read some interesting thing online about blood flow and erections and wanted to know if anyone experienced with keto has had any negative affects with sexual drive / erections supposedly the high fat intake would cause your blood flow to be slower from what i read i have a girlfriend so it isnt really a option for me to risk not being able to please her also does it lower your T levels? I mean i would think that eating more fat would raise your T levels but i hear thats not the case so if anyone could enlighten me.

I choose keto because its a better fat burning diet because your body uses your fat as fuel instead of glucose (from carbs) and i do have fat to lose not much but im around 16%bf
  • mygoalsss
    Options
    Bump
  • mygoalsss
    Options
    Trouble having an erection for an 18 year old? I had 99 problems when I was 18 but that was DEFINITELY not one.

I dont have trouble getting erections its pretty solid actually thats why i dont want the ketogentic diet to cause this.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    Trouble having an erection for an 18 year old? I had 99 problems when I was 18 but that was DEFINITELY not one.

I dont have trouble getting erections its pretty solid actually thats why i dont want the ketogentic diet to cause this.

If you look at the number of men here who have been eating a keto diet for a long time, and notice that there are zero threads about performance, I think you can set your mind at rest.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »

If you look at the number of men here who have been eating a keto diet for a long time, and notice that there are zero threads about performance, I think you can set your mind at rest.

Yeah, if keto caused this type of problem, it would not be a thing among men.
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,311 Member
    Options
    🧟