Dukan

Options
susanna9992015
susanna9992015 Posts: 13 Member
edited September 2017 in Getting Started
Is anyone just starting out? I'm trying Dukan diet. I am very motivated but could always use some support!!

Replies

• rdix333
    rdix333 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I question any diet that states you can eat all the protein you can handle, and you will lose weight. If you eat 5000 calories of protein and only burn 2000 a day, you will gain weight.
    Losing weight, in theory, is pretty easy. burn more than you consume. It really doesn't matter what types of calories you consume.
    Just my .02. But good luck and I hope you have great success.
  • melmerritt33
    melmerritt33 Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I'm not doing the diet myself but I think it's a low carb based diet? If that's correct you'll find a lot of support and discussion on the Low Carbers Daily Forum group, lots of useful information on various low carb methods. In my experience losing weight is about finding the diet that works for you long term so that you're not tempted to continue overeating.
  • melmerritt33
    Options
    I am eating food I like!! And it's working!! I know my body and I lived my entire adult life on fairly low carb diet.... got married started eating my husband's carb heavy diet and gained 50 lbs. And of course you can't eat 5000 cal day of protein and expect to lose weight! I count calories also keeping it around 1000-1500 day. It really is all about finding what you can live with and be happy with, that is very good advice!

Same for me, low carb really works for me, it's the only diet that doesn't leave me feeling starving and constantly wanting to snack or binge and I've tried a few diets over the years!
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    How disappointing. I thought this was a new donut diet.

Adding: I google this, and YES, there is a donut diet.
    http://www.onegreenplanet.org/news/new-study-recommends-eating-donuts-for-breakfast-to-lose-weight/
    God, I love the internet.
  • melmerritt33
    Options
    How disappointing. I thought this was a new donut diet.

Adding: I google this, and YES, there is a donut diet.
    http://www.onegreenplanet.org/news/new-study-recommends-eating-donuts-for-breakfast-to-lose-weight/
    God, I love the internet.

Wow, just when you think you've seen it all LOL!