When You Don't Think You're That Big

So, this photos is nearly a 50 pound loss. I'm about 295-300 in the photo on the left. Around 250 on the right. I still have a lot to go but I am focusing on each day. Buuut, I never thought I was that big. Buuut, after losing weight you realize that you were. 8lbj1vbgqzur.jpg

Replies

• shaunshaikh
    shaunshaikh Posts: 616 Member
    Keep up the great work!
  • lvromero3
    lvromero3 Posts: 18 Member
    Happens to me all the time when I see pictures of myself or catch my reflection off guard. Keep up the good work!!
  • Tammy52616
    Tammy52616 Posts: 1 Member
    How did you lose weight
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Oh, man! I saw a picture of me from last summer wearing a sleeveless shirt that I thought I looked great in. Today I look much better, and can't believe I didn't realize how pudgy I looked before.
  • KayTay612
    KayTay612 Posts: 37 Member
    I fully agree. I was 300 pounds for most of college. Lost down to 250 and still felt just as big (though I have never truly felt I was THAT big despite the evidence otherwise). Now I'm back up to 300 and feeling the consequences. Starting this journey fresh at 307.
  • LearningToFly13
    LearningToFly13 Posts: 329 Member
    That's amazing, you should be so proud. I have hardly any recent photos of me because I can't stand to see how big I've got to be. I suppose it's a good idea though so that I can see the difference as I get smaller. Good job girl
  • pineapple_jojo
    pineapple_jojo Posts: 440 Member
    You're doing great! I know what you mean about not realising, it's a bit of a shock when you see old photos! Congratulations on your hard work, keep going!
  • ranmalih
    ranmalih Posts: 59 Member
    Hating how I looked in photos was part of what spurred me on to start this weight loss journey! Seeing the changes is a great feel-good factor :)
  • langel89
    langel89 Posts: 56 Member
    amazing work! how incredible you must feel about yourself. I had previously lost 30 lbs (271 to 241), still by no means was I thin, but I remember how good I felt physically and most importantly mentally. Unfortunately I am back at 271 =[ and miss where my head use to be at.

Keep up the good work. definitely will be bad days, but hold on to the good feelings about yourself.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Awesome! Good work. What a difference
  • rundgrenrocks
    rundgrenrocks Posts: 98 Member
    I occasionally wonder what photo could possibly used of me in an obituary if I die tomorrow. I try to stay behind the camera!
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Every time I think I look good (better) and want to relax the weight loss\ fitness work I take a selfie. The mirrors they do lie to me. The pictures are harsh reality.