Need to lose almost half my weight!!!

Options
Just need some motivation. I need to lose exactly 100 pounds for my health and sanity. Anyone know of any good fitness/diet gurus on Instagram? My goal is to start counting macros and working out every day.

Replies

• Sashslay
    Sashslay Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Use Instagram to get motivation and tips to begin with but eventually your biggest motivator will be yourself.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    Don't forget to log and count calories. Macros are great for nutrition but calories are vital for weight loss.
  • ZoneFive
    ZoneFive Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Be your own guru. Log and track your calories honestly, ALL of them. That's the data that will help you refine your eating to suit your own body and life. Nobody can teach you better than that. Calories first, macros second (unless you have some overriding medical issues).
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Just need some motivation. I need to lose exactly 100 pounds for my health and sanity. Anyone know of any good fitness/diet gurus on Instagram? My goal is to start counting macros and working out every day.

shouldn't your health and sanity be your motivation?? not some instagram girl (who is likely trying to) sell stuff?
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

How tall are you? First thing I'd do is look up what the range is for a healthy BMI for your height and sex. Set the top end of that as your first goal. Then once you hit there, re-evaluate and see how much more you want to lose.

I know I wouldn't want to be back to 100lbs. It may have been my HS weight, but I was underweight from growth spurts. So set a realistic goal based on BMI and go from there. I've lost 20 lbs since January just counting calories by logging on MFP. Slow, but healthy.
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I will take a somewhat different approach to this: you get healthy first, then fit, right? Have you had a physical and all of the blood work done? Is there anything in there? Just a different perspective....
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I think you'll find the best gurus right here on MFP. All you need to do is eat fewer calories than you expend and you will lose weight. Anything else is just a choice. Low carb, IIFYM, OMAD, keto, clean, paleo, ... doesn't really matter. All you need to do is eat fewer calories than you expend. CICO (calories in, calories out)

Exercise is good for you. It will allow you to eat more calories. Exercise alone will not cause weight loss.

Some folks set big specific goals. That doesn't work for others of us. My goal is just to eat within a calorie limit that is 500 less than my TDEE (total daily energy expenditure). If I do that, I lose weight. I've been doing it for just shy of three months and the scale is going down. I'm down about 25 with another 115 to go.
  • Nykkismommy21
    Nykkismommy21 Posts: 224 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Fatgirlfedup is great.Ericafitlove.And Fatchicktonotsofatchick. They all have lost over 100 lbs, natural weightloss,plenty of info .And very much real people,no gimmicks or anything. Oh and also Gracie's Journey. You will find them very inspirational. I am on there too. FromZ_to_Sleek ;) all on Instagram.