Bad heartburn

lailaJH
lailaJH Posts: 4 Member
Have you ever got a heartburn that made you want to stop eating for the rest of your life, the medicine is not helping me

Replies

• caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Time to ditch the gallbladder!
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    edited September 2017
    is this a short term thing. Or has it been going on a long time? I had it for a long time and dropping weight was the key. Even with a poorly functioning gallbladder I don't have heartburn very often.
    Short term thing, try different things. Talk to your doctor. I had to go through 5 meds before i found the right one for me.
    Also beware of trigger foods. For me it is fat. Some other spicy, eating late. Lots of things
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    When I was heavier and badly overeating I made sure I always carried TUMs. I haven't needed one in years now.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    It's a very good incentive to lose weight and eat better IMO.

I used to have to sleep with a special pillow because I'd wake up with last night's dinner in my mouth. Not eating within 3 hours of bedtime really helps for that.

I did zantac but prilosec actually helped, it just took about 2 weeks. That being said, I haven't had any issue with reflux since I joined MFP and started watching my diet.
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    Sounds weird, but some things that have been used by other cultures include mastic gum and seaweed capsules.
  • lailaJH
    lailaJH Posts: 4 Member

jpaulie wrote: »
    is this a short term thing. Or has it been going on a long time? I had it for a long time and dropping weight was the key. Even with a poorly functioning gallbladder I don't have heartburn very often.
    Short term thing, try different things. Talk to your doctor. I had to go through 5 meds before i found the right one for me.
    Also beware of trigger foods. For me it is fat. Some other spicy, eating late. Lots of things

I'm eating healthy now and I've lost weight ,when I eat food out of my diet it's gets bad specially in the morning also thyme it kills me
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    hydrated bentonite works better for me than any OTC medication
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    edited September 2017

This girl has some good holistic alternatives that don't mess up your bones, get your flora back, and aids in digestion, while helping with GERD or acid reflux.
    https://youtu.be/j66W3B6aqZA